Status: Updates on Wednesdays!

Forget About It

“Why are you back?” He asked abruptly.

“Excuse me?” I turned my head to look at him, but he was looking off at the pool house too instead of looking at me.

“Why are you here, Corinna?” I was doing just fine without you around. And now… and now you come back and ruin everything that I’ve worked so hard to build up.”

“What exactly is it that you’ve worked so hard to build, Alex?” I glared at him, “Please elaborate for me. I’d love to hear all about it, really. Is it your notable and oh-so-glorious reputation as a womanizer that I am jeopardizing? Yes, that is something to be really proud of. You really are following in Daniel’s footsteps.”

“Shut up Corinna! Just shut the fuck up!” Alex screamed as he looked at me with painful eyes, “Leave Daniel out of this and leave me alone! I hate you.” The last three words came out in a whisper which made them hurt more than if they had been screamed. The sincerity in his voice had always cut through me like a knife.

“I’m not trying to stand in your way, Alex. Believe me, I want just as little to do with you as you want to do with me.” I sighed as I stood up and brushed myself off. I took the remnants of my cigarette and disposed of it in the ash tray sitting on the table, “I’ll just be going then.”


I never thought it would come to this.