Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

After Garret left this morning, I decided to call up Hannah to see if we could hang out to today. I mostly just wanted to ask her if she really went on a date with Quin. We went to grab some lunch since it was eleven. We sat across from each other in a booth and we looked at our menus. After the waitress took our orders, I thought this was a good time to ask.

“Hey, Hannah?”

She looked away from her phone. “Yes?”

“Um. . . How good of friends are you with Quin?” I asked and took a sip of my soda.

She blinked a couple times before answering, “He’s a good friend. Why?”

“Well, Liam told me he seen you with him at the movies once. . . He said it seemed like y’all were on a date . . . Have you ever cheated on me? Please don’t lie. I won’t get mad if you have . . . It’s just . . . I just want to know.”

She bit her lip, which is a nervous trait she has. She looked down at the table and whispered, “Yeah, two times.” She looks up at me. “But it was just dates! I didn’t do anything sexually.” She confessed.

“So . . . both times were with Quin?” I asked. I was starting to hate this dude. First, he nags at me to get better on my attention skills for baseball. Then, he goes and asks Coach if I can share my spot with him. Now, he’s taking my girlfriend out, when everyone knows we’re an item?
Hannah could see it in my expression that I was getting angry.
“No! I only went out with him one time! The other was with Cory Reynolds. . .” She trailed off.
Well, that didn’t help her at all. It looks like that rumor was true.
“So you lied to me when I asked you if that rumor was true or not?” I’m getting upset. I hate it when people lie to me like that, but then again I have no room to talk, since I lied to Garret last night.
“Oh, don’t act like it’s my entire fault. You’ve been ignoring me too, you know! When is the last time we’ve actually went out, besides right now? Almost a month. You’ve changed, Dillon. You’re always quiet now. We barely talk anymore. So excuse me, if I wanted a little attention and I wasn't getting it from you.” She finished her little rant and it was quiet after that.

It was clear to me now that we didn’t have the same relationship like the one we started off with. It was clear to me now that it all changed because of me.

“So what should we do?” I asked her. If she wanted to break up, I’d be okay with that. Because if things continue like they are now, she’ll end up cheating again and I’m not okay with that.

She glanced back up at me. “I don’t know. I really liked you when we started dating. I still like you, but it just . . . seems like we’re not really together anymore. You know? Like we know we are, but we not really doing anything together anymore.” She had tears in her eyes, but she wasn’t crying. I noticed she was upset too.

I reached over and grabbed her hand that was resting on the table. “I’m sorry that we’re not like what we used, Hannah. Maybe. . . Maybe we need a break? I think that would be good for us.

This relationship isn’t really one anymore. Like you said, we barely talk anymore. Couples talk to each other all the time, about anything. I feel like we don’t really do that anymore, too.”

She sniffed and exhaled. “So this is it?”

I let go of her hand. “I think so. I think you’ll find somebody who will give you what you need, make you happier.”

She smiled. “Okay.”

When our food came, that conversation ended. We sat quietly, eating until she asked me, “So what happened to you?”

I sighed. “What do you mean?”

“Well . . . you’ve changed. Anyone can see that.” She stated like it was obvious. Was it really? Could everyone tell something was wrong with me?

“Um. . .just. . .” I trailed off. Do I tell her that I like Garret? No. Should I lie and say I didn’t find her attractive anymore? Big no. What do I tell her?

I glanced over at her to see her starring back at me, waiting. “Well?"

“Um. . . I’m not sure.” I went with that. She shrugged.

“Okay, you don’t have to tell me. That’s fair, I guess. I didn’t tell you about the dates.” She laughed. I chuckled along with her for a second. Then we went back to eating.

After lunch, I dropped Hannah off and went home. Mom told me I could go on the trip, and I still haven’t packed yet.

I figured since I was staying home for the rest of the day, I changed into some pajama pants. Only to realize they were the same ones Garret wore last night. Now I feel kind of like a creeper.

I packed essentials, clothes, underwear, and my swimming trunks. I texted Garret to remind him he still needed to get swimming trunks if he hadn’t already. He had to borrow one of mine the last time. I pack my other just in case if he forgot.

I went down stairs to hang out with my family till it was Sammy’s bed time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp, they broke up. :/ Lol. Y'all probably thought this chpater was going to be them going on the trip. But I forgot I had this part planned right before they leave in the outline. XD My bad.

Anyways, comment?

Laura. :)