Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

“You are so funny! ‘Oh, Garret, sleep up here with me’, ‘Oh, you can have the bed, Garret.’” He made fun of me and laughed.

“Shut up.” I muttered and turned my head away from him.

“Ha ha, I’m sorry. But Dillon, you make it way too obvious. You fucking stared at him the whole time he was on his phone. Garret’s just a dumbass that he’s ignoring the situation.” He said. And in a way, I’m thankful for that, I thought.

“Hey, no he’s not.”

“Aww, that’s sweet. You’re already defending him.” He said in a weird girly voice as he kept driving down the highway.

“Whatever.” I tsked.

“So tell me.” He stated it so simply, but I didn’t have a clue what he wanted to know.
“Tell you what?” I asked.

“You know . . . on Facebook, Hannah’s relationship status went to single. . .” He informed me.

“Oh. . . Uh, yeah, we broke up.” I said, quietly.

“How?”

“What do you mean how? I asked her if she cheated on me. She said she went out on dates with a couple people, and then I broke it off. . . .We weren’t really happy together anyways.” I summarized and shrunk down in my chair . . . But it still hurts that we’re not together anymore.

She was my girlfriend for a really long time.

Liam looks at me and smiled. “Good, you can do better- say maybe with Garret?” He teased me, dragging out the r in better.

I scoffed. “I wish.” I muttered.

He shrugged. “Eh, you never know. Remember, always think positive and good things will happen!” He exclaimed in a cheery voice. I smiled at my friend and shrugged too.

“. . . I like him.” I admitted, quietly.

He snorted. “Well, no shit, Sherlock.”

I laughed and rested my head against the window.

“So are you going to be happy little camper on this trip?” He asked.

“Well, considering that Garret agreed to sleep with me, yeah.” I confessed. I was really happy he agreed to sleep up there with me. I didn’t to be alone and I didn’t want him sleeping on the ground on the main floor or on the couch with Liam or on the bed with Bill. . . That would just be weird. . .

Liam chuckled. “Glad to see you seeming happy again, Dillon.” He smiled.

“Thanks, Liam.”

When we got to Wal-Mart, we got a buggy and headed down the chips and cookies aisle first. We got Liam’s favorite and I got Garret’s which is Sun Chips. Next, we got bottled water and three 2 liter sodas.

“Does your grandma have cups in the cabin already?” I asked.

“Yeah. We’ll just have to get paper towels.”

We went around the grocery section, getting food we liked. Half the stuff I picked out was actually Garret’s favorite things, but Liam doesn’t have to know that. We got the napkins and stuff to make smores and went up front to check out.

“Why did you get a bag of pepperonis but nothing else to make a pizza?” Liam asked as he picked up the bag. I blushed.

“Uh, it’s Garret’s favorite thing to snack on.” I admitted, but I said it very quietly and wondered if Liam actually heard me. I looked back up at him to see he had dropped the bag back into the buggy and he was giving me this weird look. Like the kind of look you give to a picture of kittens sleeping in a very cute position.

“Now you’re getting all his favorites?” He exclaimed for the whole store to hear practically.

“Shh!” I tried to shush him.

“Aww! I’d say, if you and him ever dated, I bet you would be the kind of boyfriend that spoils him with everything he likes! I bet Garret doesn’t even know how head over heels you are for him!”

I hardcore blushed at the thought of me and Garret being in relationship.

“I am not.” I tried, but we both knew that was a lie. He laughed.

“What the fuck ever. Honestly, if Garret doesn’t like you back, then he is mental! I’m just speaking the truth, bro.” He exclaimed.

“Ugh, can we just check out?” I asked, ready to get out of here.

“Okay, lover boy.” He grinned and turned back around to the cashier, who smiled and greeted us.
When we got back to the cabin, we took in all the bags and set them on the table in the kitchen. I climbed up the ladder to see if Garret was still asleep. But he wasn’t there.

I went back down and into the kitchen. Bill was in there now and I asked him where Garret went.
“He went down to the lake.”

I wanted to go down there to hang with Garret, but I didn’t want to go alone. Bill said he would take over the groceries and I smiled. I mentally thanked Bill.

“Y’all guys should go check it out.” He suggested.

“Thanks, dad.” Liam shouted as we headed out. I was a more eager than Liam, but who cares.

“Whoa! Slow down there mister eager pants.” He teased. I hit him in the stomach and laughed.

When we got down to the lake and finally spotted Garret, he wasn’t alone. There was two other girls with him. I was starting to feel jealous, because I knew that he was probably flirting with them. They were sitting on the sand and talking. The girls were small looking and had brunette hair. That’s all that I could see right now. But as got closer, I noticed that they didn’t look our age. They were in the swimsuits, but they didn’t look like they wet. They looked maybe older. One had a beer bottle in her hand. They had tattoos spread out across their bodies at random places. The one girl that had many bird tattoos all on her back, stood out the most to me. These were the kind of girls that Garret liked. Being friends with him so long, I’ve noticed things like that about him.

Garret spotted us and waved. The girls turned around and saw us. When we approached them, Garret introduced us.

“Beth, Robin, meet Dillon,” He pointed to me, “and Liam.” He pointed to Liam next. “Garret, Liam, this is Beth,” He pointed to the one that had the beer bottle in her hand, “and this is Robin.” He pointed at the one with the bird tattoos.

“Hi, dudes!” Beth exclaimed. She seemed the more girly one. The other one waved. They stood up to be eye level with us.

“Ello.” Liam waved at Beth again and smiled.

“So, do you want my number?” Robin turned to Garret.

He smiled. “Yeah.” They exchanged phones and saved their numbers to the other’s phone. I’m guessing he made real good friends with the strangers. . . I could my face heat up as I realized that I’m jealous of these to two obviously older girls.

“Alright, see ya later!” Beth exclaimed and pulled her friend away from us and they headed back up to parking lot by the swimming hole.

“Who were they?” Liam asked.

“Beth and Robin. They’re pretty cool too. I was just sitting in the sand, all bored. And then they arrived and I waved. And yeah, long story short, they came over and we socialized. They’re from here.” He informed us, but I didn’t really care. I didn’t care to make friends with them.

After messing around on the sand, we went back up and hung out on the couch. Liam’s dad went fishing a while ago. We were all really enjoying this trip so far, I think. I suggested playing a game and Liam said they had Uno and Logo. Garret got excited and said Logo, so I agreed and that’s what we played.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so what do y'all think about the whole Dillon doing things and getting things that Garret likes? Cute? I thought so. Also, I find the jealous for no reason to be part.

Also, new characters!

Robin

Beth

What do y'all think?