Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Garret

Surprisingly, my mom didn’t make me go to church today. I was okay with it, but I thought it was weird of her to let me skip out. My dad didn’t have anything planned today, so I just hung out with him the whole morning. We play Mario Cart in the front room for a good two hours. My dad is funny when he plays that game. He sucks! But when we got bored of that, he suggested going out to eat. I agreed and got dressed since I was still in my pajamas. Dad let me pick the restaurant and we went to Chow’s Garden. I guess I picked the right place if I wanted to go somewhere to run into any friends, because Liam was there with Alexis.

I was walking to the buffet when he came up beside me.

“Hey, Garret, who are you here with?” He asked, smiling the whole time.

“Uh. . . My dad.” I answered. He nodded.

“That’s cool.” He stated. Alexis walked over and asked if Liam was ready to go. I guess they already ate. We said our goodbyes and I continued my way to the buffet. When I was finally sitting down, my dad asked me, “Was that Liam?”

We made eye contact and I nodded. He nodded too. “He’s a nice boy.” He said.

I laughed at that. Nice doesn’t summarize Liam really. Weird is better and more suitable word. I mean, he’s still nice, but he’s more of a weirdo. Liam’s not normal.

I shrugged and we began eating.

“So how’s school?” He asked.

“Hmm. . . It’s okay. English sucks every day, but it is fun at the same time, because Chandler, Dillon, and Grant are in there.”

He nodded. “How’s baseball?”

I shrugged. “It’s okay too. Recently, Coach made Quin and Dillon share 3rd base. Eli broke a finger too.”

He chuckled at that, and asked, “How is Dillon? He’s never really over anymore, it seems like,” now interested in my friend’s life.

“Uh. . . he’s okay, I guess.” I trailed off. Dad’s a councilor. He’s worked with kids since I was a baby. He can tell if something’s wrong or when someone’s got a problem. Plus, the fat that I’m his kid doesn’t help. He knows how I act when we get to a topic I’m confused about or whatever. It’s part of his job to be like that.

“Something up?” He asked while eyeing me.

I sighed. Do I tell him? He is my dad. He’ll understand, right? Maybe I should just tell him about the note, the starring, and just leave out the kiss?

I looked up at dad and saw he was waiting. Now he looked like he knew something was wrong. Ah, shit. I guess I can ask what he thinks about it. I am close to my dad, so sooner or later I would’ve said something about it. That’s just how the relationship between us is.

“Dillon. . . I think he likes me,” I started off. “I found a note. . .in his truck one day when I spent the night with him. He said he was having admiring-like thoughts of me . . .” I trailed off, getting embarrassed by admitting this to my dad.

Dad nodded his to tell me to continue.

“Well. . . He’s constantly staring at me too. And. . .” I paused. Oh, shit. I was close to admitting about the kiss. I looked up at dad.

“And?”

Ah, crap. I slapped one side of my face and let my hand rest there, feeling embarrassed. “And, on the trip, we. . . got drunk and he asked to kiss me.” I muttered.

“Well. . .Thanks for telling me that you’ve drank before. . .but what did you do?” He didn’t seem too happy about the drinking thing, but it seemed like he didn’t care that much. He was asking me about how I reacted to Dillon asking me that.

“Well. . .we kissed.” I finally said after a minute. “But friends do stupid stuff when they’re drinking, right? I didn’t really mean anything by it.” I informed him. He gave me this confused look.

“I don’t know. Dillon was acting different for a while, but I think he’s back to normal.”

He nodded. “So you’re gay?” He asked me.

I shook my head quickly. “No, no. Dillon’s the one acting like he is.”

“Oh. . .well, maybe he does. Have you ever asked him about it?” I shook my head. “Well, maybe you should do that soon if you’re that curious.”

I stayed quiet as we finished eating. He asked me about the drinking. Mom or dad didn’t know I did that kind of stuff. I asked dad if he could keep quiet about all this, especially the Dillon thing. He said he wouldn’t say anything about that, but he was going to tell her I got drunk over Spring break. That seemed fair enough. I feel like if mom found out about Dillon, she would go talk with Dillon’s mom and I don’t want that to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Garret tells his dad about the Dillon situation. I felt like this need to happen.

Thanks for the comments!

I know this isn't anything near fluffy or whatever,but like I said, I felt like this needed to happen. . . Because! The next chapter is really big!!! Can y'all guess what's gonna happen?? :D

Laura x