Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Garret

The game on Tuesday went great. I got three people out and I made our score higher when we were batting. I was very pleased with how I played and Coach even complimented me for it. In fact we all played very well except for Dillon. He just shuffled around in the dugout, let balls pass him, and didn’t really try to hit the ball. He’s been getting suckier with every game and at practices, he barely cooperates. But I’m not about to march over to him and yell at him that he better start playing right or something. I’ve seen the hurt expression on his face the last time someone did that, which was Quin. But it looks like we as a team don’t have to worry about that anymore, because he quit . . . Yeah, he quit the team! . . . Didn’t see that coming. Coach was pissed, because since Dillon left, he had to Martin out on left field, since Quin took over third base . . . and Quin was very happy about that. He even said he was thrilled that Dillon was gone. He said he was just putting the team down. Ugh, I hate Quin.

I don’t get it why’d he quit? This whole thing just kind of pisses me off and makes me sad. I met Dillon on a baseball team in the seventh grade. I figured we would play it together all throughout high school. But now that’s ruined. Ugh.

But what’s done is done. And now the only one I really can talk to during games and practices is Ryan.

I don’t know why this is all going through my mind right now. I should be worrying about how the date is going to go tonight. I have exactly an hour to get ready and I’m still in my dirty clothes that I practiced in. I needed a shower bad, but guess what? Dad is taking on right now! . . . Why would he need to take a shower in the middle of the day? To get ready for supper or something? I mean clearly my shower is more important than his. I sat down on my bed. I needed to calm myself the fuck down. Why am I getting so nervous? I can tell I am, because I’ll start bitching about everything in my head. I mean, why am I getting so nervous to go out on this date with Dillon? I’ve known him for years. I went out with to eating places before. I’ve went to lakes, birthdays, movies, and spent nights with him. So now that this is actually a date, like couples do, I’m getting nervous. . . Maybe it’s because I haven’t went out on a date at all the past year and I’m not actually the one to ask the person out. Maybe the fact that it’s a guy. I don’t know.

I heard the shower go off and I got up and headed out of my room. Dad stepped out in a rode and with his dirty clothes, but he was going really slow. I ended up whining and telling him to hurry up and I rushed in the bathroom and shut the door. I know dad might be right outside the door, wondering what’s that all that about, but I still got undressed and hopped in the shower. The water was cold at first, which made me shiver. But once it heated up, I got to shampooing my hair. And guess what? My body wash was empty. I mumbled out a cuss word and looked around the tub. Dad probably emptied it just know, curse him. Dammit. I spotted mom’s body wash and picked it up. It smelled like flowers, but I used it anyway. I’d rather smell like a flower than like a sweaty baseball player. I rinsed off, got out, and quickly brushed my teeth. The shower made me a little more at ease.

I walked to my room and looked at my phone for the time. It was seven forty five and I have fifteen minutes to get ready. I still had to pick out what I was going to wear. I didn’t even know what we were going to be doing, so I didn’t know if I should wear something casual or little fancier. Knowing Dillon for years, I should know what kind of dates he done. But I don’t. I never really paid attention to any of things he did with Hannah.

I decided on dark washed jeans, a blue shirt, and gray Vans. Then I put on deodorant. I looked in the mirror and I was kind of okay with my outfit and grabbed my phone and went to sit in the living room. Shit. Should I bring my wallet? I headed back to my room and grabbed that. When I entered the living room, I saw dad sitting on the couch. He was reading out of one of his favorite magazines, but he looked up at me and noticed I was dressed up.
“Where you going all did up?” He asked with a smile present. I sat beside him and sighed. Since mom wasn’t here at the moment, I decided to be honest and told dad.

“Remember the whole Dillon thing? Well, turns out he does like me and he asked me out on date. I didn’t want to rude and hurt him, so I said yes. I mean, you should have seen how nervous he was when he told me. Anyways, the date’s tonight and I don’t get why I’m nervous.” I explained to him and waited for him to say something. I was hoping dad could help me figure it out since he is a counselor.

“Well. . . It is a date. I mean, it’s not like any other time y’all went to places and hung out. The atmosphere around y’all will be different. That’s probably why.” He said.

“Yeah.” I agreed.

We sat there for a few seconds of just being quiet before he spoke up. “But don’t sweat it. It’s just Dillon and you look really good tonight.” He laughed.

I hit his leg and just continued staring at the ground. We heard a vehicle pull up and I looked up at dad with wide eyes. “He’s here.”

He nodded and patted me on the back. “Have fun.”

I got up and made my way to the door. When I got out to the truck and climbed in, I looked over at Dillon. He was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans too. Since our shirts both had blue and we both had jeans, we kind of matched.
Dillon laughed because he noticed our outfits and then smiled. He seemed nervous as well and that made me feel better, knowing I wasn’t the only one freaking out.

He started going down my street and I faced him. “So what are we doing tonight?” I asked with a sweet tone. I wanted this date to go well for Dillon. He’s probably more stoked about it than I am and I wanted to make it go right. I’m just considering his feelings is all, I think.

“Not telling.” He said. I sat back in my seat and watched the houses and trees as we drove into town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, so I wrote this on Sunday morning and I was so close to posting it, but my mom pulled up and I had to go. So I waited till I got to her house and popped in my flash drive and opened up the folder and tried to open this, but it wouldn't let me. :[ Something about the computer didn't have the rigth program for me to open it. So I had to wait to update it. So it here it is!

Comment?? If y'all still want you can tell me what you want to happen on the date. I only got one person to comment on that, and I just want to know what y'all others out there that read this want.

Also, I was tumblr, and I saw these posts about these two guys called AmazingPhil and danisnotonfire and I looked them up on youtube. SO yeah. . . .they're cool to watch or whatever.

Uhh. . . Bye. Laura. xx