Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

I drove down the highway to our destination which was Dixie Café. You would think that having a week, I would come up with something great and cooler. Not to mention, the weeks of daydreaming of this moment.

Anyways, I pulled up into the restaurant’s parking lot. Before we got out, I heard Garret mumbled, “Yay, food.” So that made me think I did okay with choosing where we went. But I was still nervous as hell. We got seated and looked at our menus. We decided what we wanted and told the waitress when she came back with our drinks.

We made eye contact for the first time in here and I could just tell he thought this was awkward. I took a sip of my soda and Garret just fidgeted around with his straw. I could tell he was nervous or something. He never really gets out with others besides his close friends. Or maybe he just feels weird being on a date with me. I am his friend after all. . . He probably never pictured himself being in this kind of situation with me.

“So. . .” I trailed off. I didn’t really know what to say, but something needed to be said. Luckily, Garret asked me a question.

“So why’d you quit the team?”

I shrugged. “I just wasn’t liking it anymore.” Apparently, that wasn’t a good enough answer for him.

“Was it because you had to play two different spots?”

“Well. . .kind of. I just wasn’t into anymore. . . I picked up a new hobby though.”

“Oh, yeah. What’s that?” He asked, taking a drink. He seemed less nervous now that we were talking.

“Tumblr,” I said in a weird voice. I chuckled along with him. And that’s how the conversation about Tumblr happened. After that, the food came and we were quiet for the most part while eating, but it was a comfortable silence. Not like the kind that happen when you’re with future in-laws with your own family and your dad says something that offends the others. Not like one of those. One like where it’s just two old friends sitting together and eating, because that’s what it is.

When we were done eating, I asked Garret if there was anything he wanted to do and he didn’t have anything in mind. So I suggested going to a movie and then getting ice cream after wards and he thought that was great.

So I paid mine and Garret’s meals, (which he griped about, because he said he could’ve paid for himself, but I wouldn’t let him. I told him that this was a date that I asked him out to, and that I pay for everything tonight.) and we left.

The movie, in all honesty, sucked. We made jokes all throughout it. I was happy with how this date was going, and how Garret seemed to be totally calm now. The night got better when we went to Something Sweet. It’s a bakery, but they also sell ice cream, and at lunch time they make burgers. It’s really weird that they’re open till ten. Most bakeries close around five or six. But they make really good cones, and I was in the mood for some ice cream.

I pulled up to the bakery and we got out and went up to the window. We both ordered a vanilla cone and waited. Garret leaned against the building and I stood in front of him. I’ve been thinking about when would be a good time to kiss him . . . or if I even should. I could have during the movie, but the theater was a little packed since it was a Friday night. He smiled up at me and I returned it. Maybe I should now. I bit my lip and almost leaned in when the girl on the other side of the window got our attention. I think Garret noticed what I was about to do, but didn’t say or do anything about it. I paid, and we walked back to the car with our ice cream. We just sat there in the car with the radio low, and ate our ice cream.

When the date was almost over and we were parked in front of Garret’s house, I decided to make a move again. But before I could do anything, Garret spoke up.

“Uh. . .Tonight was a lot of fun. Thank you.” He grinned and placed his hand on the door handle.
I nodded my head. “Yeah, it was great.” I looked down. I was thinking: Now he’s gonna get out, walk inside, and that’s the end of it. I started to wonder if he would like to go on a second date.
But my thoughts were interrupted when Garret placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked up and turned to face him. He had a small smile present and his other hand was inching towards my face. He cupped my left cheek, his fingers slightly touching my ear, making me almost shiver. I thought, holy shit, he’s going do it.

And he did. He leaned forward and placed his lips right on mine. My head slightly moved to deepen the kiss. I watched his eyes close, and I closed mine too. We stayed like that for a few seconds. No biting, tongue, or any movement. It was sweet kiss (he tasted like vanilla, because of the ice cream, ha ha) and I didn’t want it to end, but it had to. He pulled back just enough to see what kind of reaction I held, which was a shocked and an eager one to do it again. He slightly smiled and pecked mine one last time before pulling away completely. He was about to step out, but I stopped him.

“I need to know where this leaves us.” I said the first thing that popped up in my head. “I mean, do you think you might want to do this again?”

He looked down at his thighs and sighed. “I did like it, the date. And it was fun. . . I guess we could, you know, do it again. But I’m still not use to this whole guy dating guy thing, you know?”

I nodded. He turned to face me again. “I guess I can see myself going out with you. You are a lot of fun when you want to be,” he laughed, “But right now, I just need time to get used to this whole more than friends thing. And to think about the consequences. I’m mean, what if something happens like you or me wouldn’t be into each other a month or two in the future? Would we able to go back to being good friends? You see what I’m trying to say? What if this,” He pointed to me and him, “doesn’t work out and we won’t be able to go back to just friends?”

“I’m willing to risk it. I honestly think if we tried, we could be great for each other relationship wise and not just friends, you know?” I answered truthfully.

“Why do you think that?”

I took a deep breath. “Because I can see myself being happy with you in that way, and I think you can too. I mean, think about it. . .We’re already good friends. You know more things about me than my own parents. I trust you with anything and I have a good feeling about this.” My God, I can’t believe I’m admitting all this. I saw him nod and then he got out.

“Maybe we can be.” He smiled and I returned it.

“Yeah.” I breathed.

“Good night, Dillon.” He said as backed away from the truck.

I waved. “Good night.” I watched him make his way inside and drove off.

I guess I felt relieved that the date went great. I told him how I felt, and he seemed like maybe one day, he’ll maybe feel the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was supposed to get out sooner, but I've been busy with reading the one person's writings, and school stuff.

Anyways, what do y'all guys think? Did y'all like the date? Anything y'all want to happen? Drama? Fluffy stuff? More baseball games? More Sammy? More of Garret's dad? More of Liam?

I'll probably do a chapter with Garret and his dad again soon.

My dad's going out tonight, so I'll be able to write tonight without any interruptions.