Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Garret

A week and two days later – Monday.

Dillon and I were out. Well, kind of. . . We didn’t really like it, but after the kiss at Chandler’s birthday party, people started talking about it. I didn’t mean to kiss him in front of everyone, honestly. I didn’t want to, but . . . shit happens, I guess. On the following Monday, we were quiet when any of our friends asked us about it at lunch. Liam gave us sympathetic looks whenever we passed him in the hall or entered a room. It’s like he knew the things that people were saying about us. Some people assumed we were together. Some assumed that we were just so wasted; we didn’t know what the hell we were doing. But I think in the middle of the week, people realized we weren’t going to say anything about it, and stopped pestering us. This we were happy about, but now we know people are at least suspicious.

Things started getting back to normal. Liam and Alexis were the only two friends who actually knew. And some day Chandler will. The sick feeling I had for about three days was finally gone. I went to baseball practices. The guys acted normal around me. Dillon and I would hang out at each other’s houses after school. And today we got to turn in our final copy of our essays! It was easier than what I thought it would be with Dillon by my side. I don’t know why, but writing just didn’t come easy to me. But it’s a good thing it did to my boyfriend. I smiled.

I picked up my baseball glove and sprinted to center field. This was one of our last games. We did have an end of season tournament next Saturday. My mom got to come out to this game, which made me really happy. My dad said he would be running late, but he’ll be here too. Also, I finally convinced Dillon to come watch me. I glanced at them to see him playing on his phone before putting it back into his pocket. He looked my way and smiled. I returned it and then waited for our pitcher and catcher to get done warming up. I didn’t get anything really. There was one point during this inning that I had to run up to second base to tag out a batter. I caught three air balls throughout the game and that was it. I didn’t really get any hits, which kind of upset me, but afterwards Dillon made me forget all about it. Dad ended up not making it. He called mom during the last inning and told her that he needed to get next year’s third grader’s schedules done.

I walked with Dillon to his truck. I told Dillon that my mom wanted me to go and eat with her. He said okay and kind of glanced around. I could tell he wanted to kiss me and I wanted to kiss him to. But we didn’t because half the players were still scattered out on the parking lot, and I think Dillon still thinks I don’t want to be seen public. Which I still kind of don’t, I think. . . I don’t know. I’m so confused about all of this. I hugged him and headed over to my mom’s car. She was already sitting in the driver’s seat. She drove us to Hunan’s (her choice). I turned up the sound and sat back. I sighed and thought to myself: I’ve never really hung out with my mom.

My mom turned the music down a little. “So are you happy that the season is almost over?” She spoke up, trying to make conversation.

I turned to her. “I guess.” I mumbled. She nodded.

My mom really didn’t know what to talk about with me. We’ve never really liked the same things or had anything in common, besides our looks. I took after her hair color and facial features.

“So during the game, Dillon talked to me.”

“I noticed.”

“He said you still wanted to play soccer. . .” She trailed off.

“Yeah?”

“And I guess . . . if you want to next year, you play that instead.”

My eyes widened as I straightened up. “Really?”

She sighed and nodded. “Dillon talked me into it. . .” She admitted.

I grinned. “Thank you.” I got out my phone and texted Dillon a thank you.

I walked into Hunan’s with a smile on my face and sat down. The waiter took our drink order and we got up to go the buffet lines.

Dillon texted me back and I looked at it. For what? :]

I chuckled and replied: You know what. :D

I put my phone back up and finished filling up my plate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is kind of just a filer to show what the week was like after the party. They're not officially out, but people are suspicious.

You know, I started this story back somewhere in the tenth grade (so basically 6 months ago), and when I started writing more it more frequently at the beginning of summer, I thought I would be finished with it by now. . .

I honestly didn't know how far this story would go. Mainly I just wanted them to get together and that be the end of it. But now I got a a couple things I want to happen.

So that being said, this story is still going and I don't know when it's going to end. It could reach up to 70 chapters, who knows. . .

Attention, please:I start school next week so updates are going to be kind of slow. I might update on weekdays, but that will be rare, I think. I just have to see how my classes go and what the homework is like. I will update on weekends though! :D

Also, I might update again tonight since I'm suppose to go to my mom's tomorrow.

QUESTIONS:Anything y'all want to happen next?