Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

Two days later and we’re back home. I had to help mom out with the laundry before I could leave to go anywhere. That took almost three hours since we had four loads. The air didn’t feel as sticky as it has been for the past week so I let the towels air dry. I loved it when the weather is just right to do that. I love the smell it gives the clothes and towels.

When I was finished with the laundry I ended up going to the movie theater with Sammy. He was whining about how he really wanted to watch the new movie that was out. It was called ‘Brave’ and it was a really good movie. I like a lot of Disney and Pixar movies, but I think Brave beats the rest. I mean the animation was just so good. Like they showed how she was breathing hard after running and the little details made it just seem so real. I mean, you could tell it was animation, but it had a lot of little details that some animated movies don’t add.

I took Sammy back home and told him to tell mom I was going over to Garret’s. It seems like I can never stay away from him, but it doesn’t bother me that I’m like this. I hope it doesn’t bother him either. His mom opened the door to let me in. I smiled down at her for some kind of greeting, but it felt awkward. Ever since she really found out about Garret and I, I’ve felt weird around her. I just get this feeling like she doesn’t know what to think when she sees me now. I feel like there’s some kind of internal battle going on in her head by the way she smiles and then frowns, or the way she’ll make eye contact for a second and then look away. Which I guess it kind of makes since why any mother in her situation would feel like that. I mean, I’ve been hanging around with her son for nearly four years. I’ve seen Garret at his best and worst times. I’ve slept beside Garret. I’ve watched over him. I’ve been by his side whenever he needed help on anything. All in a friendly manner. The past four years, she’s only had to title me as Garret’s best friend, his pal. And now boyfriend? I mean, that title comes with a great understanding of each other and all the things friends do, but it also comes with something more like lovers do. I think that’s the part she seems uncomfortable with. That and how he’s actually with someone he has strong feelings for. That there could be the possibility he could get heartbroken. And I will probably never end our relationship, just to let you know. Heck, the way I see it, I would be alright with spending the rest of my life with him. I know it seems a little crazy for me to say that at sixteen. But hey, when you know you know. I just hope she knows that I do love Garret. I would do anything for him and, I would never purposely hurt him. I know either Garret or I am going screw up sometimes. What couples don’t?

I headed back to Garret’s room and opened the door. The way I find Garret is completely adorable. His room is freezing cold and he has practically a mountain of blankets on the floor. He’s only wearing boxers and colorful socks. He’s lying directly in the middle of the convers on his stomach and his legs are crossed and sticking up, swaying around. He has a book in his hand and his nose is practically buried in it. He has his iPod on the iHome, playing Beyoncé. Beyoncé! I think that’s the funniest bit in this scene. He still hasn’t noticed me and I hear him laugh at something he something he read.

“That’s weird. You never read.” I voiced my thoughts. Garret’s whole body freezes and his head turns quickly to see me by the door. I grinned down at him and chuckle. He still seems surprised that I randomly showed up as I walked closer to him. I sat down beside him and shivered. He still staring at me with his mouth open. I reached over and closed it.

“What you reading?” I asked, pointing at the book.

He glances at it and shows me the cover. ‘The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight’ by Jennifer E. Smith. I chuckled as I noticed it’s the kind of book that the girls that read at school.

“Shut up. I know it girly, but I like it.” He mumbles. “Plus it’s mom’s.”

I grin down at him and he looks away. He sighs. “Make fun of me and I’ll kick you out.” I tilt my head and say, “No, you won’t.”

I grin and bend down to kiss him for a few seconds. He tastes like strawberries and that’s when I noticed the strawberry milkshake beside him. I grinned in the kiss and snatch the cup before pulling away. I started drinking the milkshake and he shakes his head at me. He goes back to reading and I set down the cup. He is so weird drinking something like a milkshake in this cold ass room with nothing but underwear on.

“How are you not freezing?” I asked as I lay on my side beside him, still facing him. I propped my head up by my arm and look up at him. He shrugs and glances at me and then we both start to laugh. As the laughter dies down, I voice something I’ve wanted to say for a couple days now. He already knows this, but the way he thinks I love him is in a friendly way. I want him to know I love him in a romantic way too.

I kiss his forearm that’s by my face and say it softly. “I love you, Garret.” I held in my breath as he looks down at me. He doesn’t say anything. His mouth is open again and he’s in shock again.
Though this time, he was quicker with getting zoned back in and he lays his down. He leans down and gets right in front of my face. “I love you too, Dillon.” There’s this smile that appears on his face that seems very true, promising, and happy, and that’s all I need to see to know he means it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if I dissappionted some of y'all.

Well, I'm ending the story here. I know y'all probably don't like this as an ending but I didn't know how else to end it. And I feel like I don't have anything else to add to this story. My main thing was for them to get together and that happened so this is an okay ending right? And yes, I just had to add the i love yous at the end XD.

There still will a sequel. I'll add a link sometime to that story when I actually get it up. I'll do that sometime this week. Hopefully. School just really unmotivated me to write.

Thanks and kisses/hugs to everyone whose subscribed/read/commented/reccomended this story. It was great trying to entertain y'all.

Y'all are great! :D Thank you a bunch! :)

SEQUEL IS UP!