Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

So at the game, I was sitting with Hannah and Liam again. Garret was beside Liam, unusually hyper and shouting.

“Here mate.” Liam handed me a bottled water and Garret one too. I sat mine down beside me and thanked him. There was 30 minutes left of the game and we were winning by 3.

“I’ll be back, guys.” Garret left to go to the restroom.

“Oh, I’ll accompany you.” Liam got up and followed him. I saw Garret give him a weird look and shrugged. When we scored again everyone cheered. There was only 15 minutes left of the game and Liam and Garret were still not back. When they finally came back, Garret went quiet.

“See you guys at my house!” Liam shouted to us and hopped into his expensive looking car.
Hannah told me she couldn’t go. Something about parents wanting her home right after the game. I dropped her off and headed to Liam’s house.

It was 10 when the party got into full swing. Of course there was beer. I’m not much of a drinker thought, but I did get some. It was like spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.
“Hey, mate! Enjoying yourself?” Liam came up behind me. I turned around to see he was looking buzzed.

“Yeah.” I laughed.

“Where’s your girl at?” He asked, looking around for Hannah.

“Home. Couldn’t come.” I told him.

“Oh, well, see you lata!” He shouted and headed towards the entry to the living room.

Garret was completely drunk after 11.

“Come on, Dillon!” He threw his arm around my shoulders. “Dance with me.” Then he pulled me towards where everyone was dancing. To be honest, I didn’t really want to dance with my best friend for a few reasons: 1. We would be surrounded by our peers. 2. Guys don’t dance with other guys. 3. It would make us seem gay, and I know for a fact some people already question us. Hell, even I questioned us. But did that stop me? Nope. I was about as drunk as he was, and I couldn’t think straight. I let Garret pull me into the dancing crowd and jumped with them to the fast song. Then it got weird again as the fast song turned into a rap song that people grind to. Garret grinned at me as I just kind of glanced around the place. That was until he pulled us away, back into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottled water this time and we headed outside. We sat around the fire place, in lawn chairs. The fire was crackling and blazing. Then my gaze changed to Garret as he started playing with his water bottle. He was twisting it in his hands and I started getting images of it being a penis instead. . . my penis. . .I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Oh my God, I’m getting turned on by my best friend . . . who’s a guy!