Status: going.......going......going.......

Tough pill to swallow

Suzanne

~Suzanne~

Suzanne was in so much pain. Her whole body felt broken. And her chest felt heavy. It was as if the world itself was resting on her chest. Every breath was a struggle. She couldn’t move and couldn’t see. Everything was hazy and grey. Oh dear Lord. Am I blind? Suzanne thought. At least she could think. That was a good thing. Now move. She said to her self. Suzanne tried to move but a hot blazing pain shot up from her toes to her spine. She heard herself whimper. That was the only kind of sound her weak lungs could give her. She didn’t dare try to move again so instead she worked on being able to see. She felt her eyes open and close but that didn’t change the haziness. There was nothing she could do. So instead of fighting anymore Suzanne closed her eyes and let complete darkness take over.

She woke up to the sound of voices. They were urgent and very near. Suzanne discovered that she could see. But she wondered why the world was upside down, She blinked a couple of times just to make sure but everything was upside down. How weird. She thought to her self. She could see grass and trees but it was as if everything was growing from the sky. She finally payed attention to her surroundings and found the interior of a car. That was also upside down. What? Now this cant be right. Suzanne thought. She racked through her brain to try to remember what happened. Nothing came up until she looked to her left and saw Bett upside down but, bloody as well. All of a sudden images flew in her head. They had a car accident. Suzanne opened her mouth a screamed the loudest that she could. Her throat felt bloody and dry. It took a lot of energy out of her just to scream. So when she heard her name, she couldn’t answer.

Beep.Beep. Suzanne heard the beating of her heart on the machine. She opened her eyes and noticed right colored walls. The room smelled like rubber and antiseptic spray. She knew she was in the hospital. Suzanne sat up so fast that the pain from her broken leg almost made her faint. It took her all she had just not to cry out. Suzanne wasn’t the type of girl that showed weakness. She licked her dry lips. Her mouth tasted like sand paper. She was so thirsty. Suzanne looked at the nightstand that was by her bed and saw a pitcher of water. It was so cold that it was foggy and started to sweat. She didn’t pay attention to the cup but grabbed the whole pitcher and guzzle its contents down. The water tasted like heaven to her sore throat. She stopped drinking to take a breather. That’s when she noticed Annie, her mother, asleep in a chair facing Suzanne’s bed. “Mom. Mom,” She called out to her. Her mother’s eyes flutter and opened. Her eyes locked onto Suzanne’s and tears were suddenly visible. She sprang to Suzanne and grabbed her hand. “Oh baby! I’m so happy that you are okay!” Annie said. Suzanne didn’t know what to say so she remained silent. When Annie calmed down a bit she brought her full attention back on Suzanne. Her hysteria was already forgotten. “Mom where is Bett?” Suzanne asked. Annie pressed her mouth into the thinnest line possible. Suzanne shakes her head. “No. No, this cant be happening. She can’t be dead,” Suzanne said. Her mom shakes her head. “She is not dead Sue. She’s in a coma,” Suzanne’s mom said. Some how that seemed worst to Suzanne. Her best friend is now an official vegetable. She was better off dead. Suzanne thought to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
i wanted to do a story that is kind of different then what I usually do........so its short