Status: going.......going......going.......

Tough pill to swallow

You have to live to see it

~Derrick~
Today the rush was different somehow. The usual feeling of bliss hurt. Derrick couldn’t grasp the reason until he struggled to breathe. His body landed on the ground with a thud and he heard pants coming from his mouth. Never once have he over dose but, today would count as his first time. His chest felt as if an elephant decided to sit on it. His body hurt and his vision was becoming cloudy. He was going to die like a typical addict. He took to much of a dose then what he was use to and now his body was paying for all the abuse he gave it. He couldn’t even more to save himself. Slowly his body was shutting down. From afar he heard his name but he didn’t have the strength to answer. He closed his eyes and let go.
~Vila~
Vila walked into the house with some news that she didn’t now how she felt about. She figured out why she was so tired and why she craved for a lot of stuff. She wanted to share the news with Derrick.
“Derrick!” Vila called inside the house. For the first time ever she used the key Derrick gave her to his house. She didn’t know how he would react to her news. She started to tie her brown curly hair into a ponytail but stopped once she noticed that Derrick was on the floor looking pale. She ran to him and crouched down to touch him. “Derrick? Wake up baby,” Vila said softly but urgently. When he didn’t move Vila panicked. She fumbled for her cell phone in her pocket.
“Hello 911,” A lady on the other end said.
“Hello! I need an ambulance now! My boyfriend just over dose and he’s not moving!” Vila screamed into the phone. She felt hot tears run down her face. She kept looking at Derrick as she paced.
“Okay m’am calm down. Where are you?” She asked. Vila gave her the address. They talked for a few more moments because there were more questions to be asked. After they hung up Vila stared a Derrick’s body and cried.
“Derrick you can’t die on me baby. Stay strong,” She said to him. The ambulance arrived minutes later. Vila touched her stomach as they loaded Derrick into the back of the truck. She didn’t know if Derrick would live to see it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i havent updated in a long time. I work on top of going to school so its kind of hard to find some time to write......comment and subcribe