Status: going.......going......going.......

Tough pill to swallow

Best friend

~Suzanne~
Suzanne sighed. She was finally released out of the hospital. She couldn’t face seeing Bett. The thought repulsed her so much. She could imagine just what Bett would look like. All swollen from the crash and pale as a ghost because her body was in deep slumber. Suzanne cringed at the thought of seeing her once pretty face. There was bound to be some scars. She looked down at her leg as she was wheeled in her wheel chair to the car. She felt like a child. She felt like a little girl that needed her stuffed bear and her mommy to hold her and make it all better. She knew that what happened wasn’t really no ones fault. No, Suzanne wasn’t a person that blames things on people without a good reason. Once her mother drove her home Suzanne climbed in her bed. She felt drained and she knew she looked like a piece of shit. Suzanne couldn’t sleep in the hospital at all. The smell was so potent that it reminded her that a lot of people die in hospitals. Suzanne shifted in her bed and winced at the pain. Her leg wasn’t broken but she needed a couple of stables and a few stitches. From the car accident a big piece of glass from the window pierced her calf. It was such a big piece that it went straight through until it grazed the bone. Suzanne remembered the pain. She never felt anything like it. It hurt her just to think about it. The pain was real and her leg throbbed to prove that it was real. Suzanne stared at the wall. Her eyes didn’t grow heavy although her body was heavy. I think I’m depressed. Suzanne thought to her self. That was probably why she wasn’t getting any sleep at all. Maybe I might turn into a drug head. Maybe I might need to take prescription drugs to ease my depressions. Suzanne thought to her self. She shook her head and continued to look at the wall. It didn’t help at all. In the house Suzanne lived in it always felt empty to her. Her parents bought her the house on her 18th birthday. Yes, her family was very wealthy. Suzanne wasn’t about wealth though. What she really cared about was helping the people around her. Suzanne felt guilt crawl up her body. She should have visited Bett in the hospital. Now thinking about her decision Suzanne knew that being a coward was stupid and selfish. Bett would have visit her everyday if the roles were switched. “That’s why your so much better than I,” Suzanne whispered to herself about Bett. Bett was the best friend that everyone wanted. She was smart and kind and she gave all she had to anyone who needed it. Suzanne admired Bett for her holiness and sincerity. Suzanne couldn’t even come close to Bett. But Bett accepted Suzanne anyways although Suzanne just joined the movement to helping people. Yeah, Bett was that great. She could make a person rethink their whole life just like that. Suzanne felt her eyes fill up with tears. “Oh Bett, I’m so sorry,” Suzanne said. And wept. She wept for Bett and she wept for herself. She cried for herself because she didn’t deserve to have someone like Bett in her life. Suzanne couldn’t grasp how someone so wonderful could end up in a coma. No one could really tell when a person is going to slip out of a coma. It could take days or it could take years. Whose to say? Bett was left to live her life in a hospital bed for the Lord only knows how long.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter is short..........