Status: going.......going......going.......

Tough pill to swallow

Salvation

~Madine~
“I need to smoke a cigarette,” Madine said to no one in particular. She didn’t even smoke but, she knew that she was going to be stressed. Tina sat on the couch staring at nothing. Madine wasn’t the one to dig into other people business but she needed to know what happened to the girl. Madine sighed as she looked at her soggy cereal. She sat on the couch next to Tina. “So…..what happen?” She asked. The girl was quiet for such a long time, that Madine thought she wasn’t going to answer. Finally she opened her mouth and spoke with a little sob. “ I..um,..my boyfriend…got so mad today..it never happened before…” Tina babbled. Madine arched an eyebrow. “What? Speak clearly,” I said. “My boyfriend had beat the shit out of me today. I don’t know what came over him. This never happened before. We were arguing and the next thing I knew his fist was flying in my face,” Tina said touching her face tenderly. Madine sucked in a breath of air. The things she did might not be the best but one thing she hated was abuse. It brought back to many painful memories for Madine. Damn. This chick found my weak spot. She thought to herself. “Wow,” Was all she said to Tina. All of a sudden Tina stomach growled. Her cheeks instantly turned red. Madine gave out a small laugh. “You hungry?” She asked an obvious question. Tina nods.
~Tina~
Tina noticed that she was rude. She didn’t even asked the lady for her name. She didn’t care to ask because when she opened the door she felt a hint of relief. Now that she had calmed down and her mind was functioning correctly she understood how rash her actions were. Tina had accepted the bowl of cereal. The lady had so many boxes that she was wondering if she bought out the whole stock. It didn’t matter because she was finally getting something into her stomach. The room was silent and quiet. “So um, I didn’t ask you for your name,” Tina said. “Its Madine,” The lady responded. So Madine was the name of her salvation.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is short too........sorry....