Unbreak me, unchain me

Chapter 5

ALICE’S POINT OF VIEW

When we heard that voice, we warped slowly and we were thunderstruck. Just in front of us there was a tall black-haired man who had blue eyes and was wearing eyeliner to highlight his beautiful look. He also had a tattoo of some handcuffs in his neck… Unmistakeable.
That man was James Owen Sullivan, Jimmy The Rev, the drummer of Avenged Sevenfold. We were paralyzed and didn’t know what to say. Jimmy asked again.

- Hey! Is this yours or not?

- Uh… erm… yeah, of course, it’s mine… what are you doing with my phone? -Maya was having a bad time, I don’t know if it was because she was in front of one of our idols or because it was him who had her phone.

- Uhmm... well, take it, and be more careful next time.

- But wait, how did you know it was mine? -Maya was surprised and excited, and to be honest I was feeling just like she did. We wanted to see the band face to face, but we didn’t expect exactly that situation.

- What if you come to the backstage with me and the guys and I explain you better? –said Jimmy, with a huge smile in his face.

- Well, erm… I don’t know, it depends if Alice wants… Alice, do you want to go, or?

Ok, I just couldn’t believe Maya was actually asking me that. OF COURSE I wanted to go to the backstage with A7X, man.

Then, Maya threw a complicit look to me and I understood it all. We had to act in a normal way in order not to seem just another couple of crazy fans. Obviously, we didn’t want them to think that about us.

- Hey, what do you say? Are you coming or? –asked Jimmy fretfully.

- Well, I guess we can stay some time there… but not a long time, I mean, not all night –I answered.

- Okay then, follow me, girls -Jimmy really had a beautiful smile, and he was even more handsome than in the videos or pictures in which he already looked like an angel.

He led us to the backstage and, without even knocking at the door, he went in. We felt restrained, so we decided not to go in there without being asked to do so. Jimmy saw this and immediately came to us and made us walk in the room. When we got in, we saw Johnny Christ and Synyster Gates doing stupid things to each other in a couch that seemed so comfortable. In an armchair we could see Zacky Vengeance, playing some chords with his guitar. Jimmy stood right next to us. I quickly noticed that Matt wasn’t there and wondered why. I looked around even though I was shocked, I still couldn’t believe I was in the same room as my favourite band ever. I thought Matt would be somewhere else and would come back later. To be honest, I love all the members of Avenged Sevenfold, but Matt has always been my favourite one.

I looked at Maya and saw she was nervous. I felt nervous too, so I took her hand and pressed it. That way we would feel better and relax a bit from all the excitement.
Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by a wonderful voice addressed to Maya.

- I guess that... sorry, what’s your name? -Brian had stood up and Zacky and Johnny had done the same. I don’t know how did she do that, but she managed to talk in front of Syn. But she did it, and with a natural voice, not a trembling one.

- I’m Maya... And she’s Alice... she’s kind of my sister.

- Fine, nice to meet you -Syn smiled at Maya and I imagined that she would be dying of love inside. –Well, and nice to meet you too, Alice. And what I was about to say: I guess you wonder why did Jimmy have your pone, don’t you?

- Erm… euh… yes, yeah, we were actually wondering this, but it doesn’t matter at a…

- Heeeeeeeeeeey guys. And girls, I see! Wow, aren’t they the ones you, Brian, and Zack have been talking about? -this, THIS was Matt. He appeared suddenly, interrupting what Maya was trying to say, but the best thing is that it seemed that he had just had a shower, and he only wore a towel round his waist, so we could see his perfect body. Even though I was drooling so much, I focused at what he had asked to Brian. Had they really been talking about us? Wow… I still grabbed Maya’s hand and pressed it every time more. This couldn’t be happening.

The guys started to laugh and we were still very restrained, but Matt seemed to notice it and kissed us in the cheeks as a greeting.
I thought I was dying, and now it was Maya who pressed her fingers to my hand.

- What if you stay some time with us? We have something to drink and eat, and a long night to spend. You are completely invited -said Matt.

- Yeah, and we can explain the story about the mobile phone -added Jimmy.

- We can take you home later, or wherever. Where are you from? -asked Matt.

- We’re from... from Huntington Beach –I answered, as fast as I could.

- Wow! So you’re from Huntington eh… -said Zacky- We are going there too, as we have finished our tour by now and we want to rest and spend some days at home.

- How can two beautiful girls like you live in Huntington Beach and have never been seen by us? -asked Johnny, who seemed really amazed.

- Well, well, let’s stop overwhelming them, let’s start the party! Eat as much as you like and drink what you want too. You are going to have fun -Jimmy smiled like a little kid with a new toy.

And without having planned it at all, that great night was going to start. We couldn’t imagine how lucky we were.