Status: Indefinite.

Reality is a Variable (Tumblr Article)

Reality is a Variable

“As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." -Albert Einstein

How did we come to exist, was it some chemical reaction between particles floating in an empty void that burst into creation, or a deity bored with loneliness who decided to create a vast universe, with possible parallels, with which holds all life, and yet we humans know so little of life. But what is life, what is existence? Reality is merely how one perceives the universe, is it not? Then that means each of us lives within our own universes; some different, some similar. Then does that mean that everyone is right about everything, in that there are no wrong answers. For instance if one were to believe that 1 + 1 = 2, why is that, because some teacher told you in grade school? Then why is 1 + 1 ≠ 3 or 4 or fish or Sputnik or 0? It makes no sense to say that something is definite, when we can’t even define things as important as “true” reality, when each persons reality is different. Everything is about interpretation, a common example could be with film, especially ones with an obscure or artistic theme. One can see it as a social commentary and the negative effects of big government on a growing rebellious people, just as easily as one can denounce the movie entirely as a load of bollocks that means absolutely nothing. One mans Reality is another mans Fiction— and vice versa. The same could be applicable to a larger topic such as theology, in that there are obviously many different views on religion. It is easy for man to see world as being created by nothing just as easily as one can say God, or Allah, or Vishnu, etc. So then who is right? No one can answer except the dead. Then how do we relay reality back to the living? We don’t. So then that leads me to believe that all realities are indeed true until death until a “final reality” can be found. Whether we do go to some magical place in the sky, or if we are sinful cast into the abyss, or perhaps nothing, perhaps darkness, finite nothingness. Then what is true nothingness like, this truly is the most chilling of the “final reality” possibilities, since no one can give it a face, or even a possible conception. Then it is impossible to define nothing. It really is impossible to define anything, but I digress, the point is does whatever reality you live control how your “final reality” will turn out or are we all destined to the same fate. There is also a possibility that we are all wrong and some completely different ending awaits us all. Perhaps it is that we are all dreaming, and once we awake we are reborn anew, wither to a different life, or to the same life we have already lived before. This would explain déjà vu to point in that some things in life we can swear that to the smallest detail that we have done exactly before, and I’m not talking about having monotonous droning lives. Also how would you explain how some can see life so morbidly, some so optimistically, some so macabre, some so pointless, some so anomalous? Each of us has a different perception of reality, therefore as I stated in the beginning has our own individual universes that coincide with others. This does not mean necessarily that we are Gods and can create whatever we want, destroy whatever we want, then we would be like loonies trying to fly when we do not have wings with which to fly. We must abide by physical rules that we may not believe in but in other universes they exist, and thus we must follow. In layman’s terms, I am saying that reality is a variable based on whatever one sees as reality. Reality = X.
♠ ♠ ♠
These were my beliefs on existentialism 4 months ago when I wrote this article for tumblr and my views have changed slightly and broadened. I may write a new one to show my new opinions, actually I think I'll write about opinions.