Status: Thanks to everyone who reads this :) If any editing needed, please tell me.

Dahlia Smiles

Almost Imprinted

The words rang hollow in my head. Harry died. I knew him. He was my god father, but I felt like this was a situation where I would later find out that this was a joke.

It wasn't. We were at the reservation now. We had taken a 6 hour flight from New York to Forks, Washington. I didn't complain about anything here, I fact it reminded me a lot of home. It was cold in New York too, but in the summer, it was an oven just like forks. The only difference was a lot of rain. The funeral was sad and bleek. I wanted to go play with Seth. He was 15 at the time, but he did entertain me, but he was no where to be found. "Leah, where's Seth?" I asked. She was shaking. I stepped back when she threw me a awful look. I'll take that as a "I don't know."

The Clearwaters were family friends since 1920s when the tribe was still very together. The Clearwaters lived next to the Redscars since then. Until my father moved when he meet my mother. My mother was Puerto Rican and hated this weather. They moved to Florida and had me. They then immediately moved to New York because the hospitals there were better.

 See, when my mother still didn't know she was pregnant, she had a car accident. Then in the hospital she learned she was going to have twins. They told her the twins were all right. 5 months later, she started bleeding. Found out one of the twins had to be aborted if not, all three of us would die. I was the lucky twin that got to live. But another 4 months passed and my luck ran out. I was born with a terminal heart condition. We moved to New York because they had better hospitals for my condition. I was hopeless. I was expected to be dead by 15. At the time of the funeral, I was 9. We quit treatment because it has no effect on me.

Days passed and I still haven't seen Seth. I used to come to reservation every summer when I was little. The doctors said it was better if I enjoyed things then while I was still living. We would play but he would get bored easily since I was several years younger than him. I was better friends with Collin and Brady. 

 Soon I had to go back home. My mother missed her New York as my father needed to go back to work the day after tomorrow. I went it go say good bye to everyone and I went the Clearwater's house. "Where's Seth? "I asked for my friend again, but Sue said he couldn't come down. I just nodded. I hugged Leah good bye, but she hugged unwillingly. As I went to get in our Saturn, I heard my name. "You aren't going to say goodbye to me, Dahlia!"I heard Seth say. Excited I turned around and right when my eyes were about to meet his, I got sprayed in the eyes with parfume. "I'm sorry Dahlia! Come here." my mother said. She was testing out a parfume Sue gave her and I happened to turn at the wrong time. I pushed my mother away and moved slowly to hug Seth. My eyes hurt, and were still closed. "Ahaha, let me help you" Seth said, laughing. Embarrassed, I shook my head. He laughed and then hugged me. "You're warm. Do you have a fever?" I asked. "Yeah, something like that..." he said. I started to walk and waved him good bye. My eyes still stinging and closed. I got in the car and we left. I opened my eyes a few minutes later, they hurt... That was the last I ever saw of the reservation.....
 
*Five years later*

I was going to die. I had a year. Today was my birthday, but we saw it as a clock that marked my final days. "Dahlia..." my parents called out and presented me with my gift. Three no return tickets to Washington....
♠ ♠ ♠
Seth Clearwater fan fic!