Status: Thanks to everyone who reads this :) If any editing needed, please tell me.

Dahlia Smiles

Dahlia's Smile

Seth and I were always together when he was free. Once Sue found out, she was excited. Every day, she would bake me some kind of pastry. 

Today, Seth was taking me to meet the famous Cullens. He, of course, carried me from the edge of the forest, to a little less than a mile south of the Cullen home. "With all your mom's baking and the lack of exercise you are accustoming me to, I'm going to get fat like Felix! " I said talking about my tabby. Seth just laughed and let me down. We started to walk again. I admired the forest. It was gorgeous! Emerald green everywhere. "I love Forks. I wish I had grown up all my childhood here." I said looking around Seth smiled at my comment. "Yeah. It's alright here. Hey, not trying to be rude or anything, but why did you move here? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you did, by why?" he asked. I sighed and started to explain.

"You know about my heart condition right? Well. The doctors found out how much my life expectancy is. We used to think around 40 or late 30s. The doctor gave me until I'm 15. So, I decided to spent my last year here in the Rez." I said normally. I had gotten used to the idea that  I was not going to live long. I was bearly living at all. Treatment didn't work anymore, just wasted money and time when another kid that could be cured could use the treatment that has no effect on me. Seth grabbed my wrists and stopped walking. "No. No, no, no ,no!" Seth began to yell. He held on tighter,

"You can't be serious?! You are going to live! And they way you say it! As if it's nothing!" he said he was shaking. "We can't do anything. It's not curable. Ow, Seth your hurting me." I said. He was gripping me tighter and was shaking. His breathing became pitched. "Just keep walking north. Don't follow me. You will see a glass door and a guy will be waiting out side for you. Stay there. I'll be back." he said as he started to break into a run. I heard the explosion of clothes, and he was gone.

I kept walking until I saw a glass door. On the porch there was a guys just as Seth had said. He was tall and has a funny color to his hair. His eyes were yellow. He looked like a saint or something. He laughed. "Dahlia? Are you Seth's.....?" he trailed off in a question. I nodded. "My name is Edward. Don't be scared. Come on in." he said. He sounded like a creeper. Then he laughed again! I stepped inside to see a huge modern home. It was nice. I saw Jacob playing with Renesmee. "Jake! Nessie!" I said and said hi to them. Then I saw the other 7 people in the room. "Hi!" I said eagerly.  They all said their shares of hellos and a small pixie chick came up to me and hugged me. "I'm Alice!" she said. "I'm Dahlia." I said back she smiled. This is Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, and Bella. She said motioning to a Ms. Universe, a body builder, a Coffee man, a women who gave me a motherly look , an emo blonde guy, and a women who looked a lot like Nessie. I'm guessing that's the Bella who's Nessie's mom. Edward was over at the corner dying of laughter. Seriously this guy was going to die of lack of oxygen soon. Then he laughed harder. "You alright?" I asked and he just nodded. This guy!

After a while of trying to situate myself, everyone was now playing charades. It was Jasper's turn. He put up 2 fingers-"Iron lung!" Edward called out. Everyone just groaned. "Again?!" I called out. He won. For the fifth time in a row. How did he get them this fast? He just laughed also.
"Hey," I heard a voice call out. "Bullet monkey!" I cried and went out to Seth. He just gave me a weak smile, and ran his fingers threw my hair. "Hey you." he said and didn't stop looking at me. I smiled. Dahlia smiles.

"Awwww." I heard from Esme. I looked down, trying to not waste heart pumps by turning red. I need those. I looked up and Seth put his hand around my shoulder, then we went to the couch. He then got up. "Carlisle, can we talk in private?" the Blonde coffee man nodded. Shrugged it off and started to talk with everyone else. "Bella, I think I remember your dad at Harry's funeral." I said thinking back. "Yeah, I wasn't here. I was in Italy..." she trailed off. "Cool! Was it nice there?". I asked she just nodded and Edward laughed. "You laugh at the weirdest moments. It makes me feel like you know something I don't." I blurted out. "Kind of." he said. I laughed this. "Dahlia?" Carlisle called to me. "Be back." I said and stepped  into the hallway. "Seth told me about your condition. I am a doctor. What is wrong? Explain more, please" Carlisle asked "I have a hole in my hearts septum. ASD. My heart has pumped tiny bits of blood into my lungs when I was younger. I have had operations," I pulled down my shirt a little showing a scar that went down my chest. "but no use. Some how the stitches or staples or patches of tissue or muscles are attacked by my body so the hole isn't covered. The doctors said that soon the build up of blood in my lungs will be too much where I die. They thought at first that the hole was tiny, and only a little, microscopic bit of blood came into my lungs. Found out a few years ago. There was more fluid than we thought. They say I have a year left before the fluid is too much. But right now I don't feel anything since its only been a year of my last attempt. We can't remove the liquid, but we did try to close the hole temporarily. Now, my body is attacking the tissue placed over my heart to it devolves. And by another few months, the hole will be completely open and blood will pump more. Operations only hurt more than they help. I don't want to spend 6 out of 12 moths recovering every year." I explained. Carlisle nodded. "Your body attacks the stitches or anything that covers the hole?" he asked. I just nodded.

We spend the next hours taking tests and X-rays and bold tests, everything. They had all that equipment in their house. Nothing. Carlisle didn't come up with anything. "Seth Clearwater." I said taking Seth's face in my hand, "Don't worry. I'm going to be alright now. Let's enjoy what we got. Better than nothing. I'm your world. But right now I'm not dying. I'm living. I'm taking every second and making it better. Look at me. I'm smiling. Dahlia smiles!" I said trying to cheer him up. He smiled. "Okay. Might as well tell you. Ummm, aw what the heck. It say right out, Dahlia. The Cullens are vampires." he said and I felt dumb....