Don't Get Bored

don't get bored

Phil stretched out on the sofa. He accidentally hit Dan in the nose with his hand, causing Dan to grumble.

“M’sorry,” yawned Phil.

The two of them had been holed up in their flat for the better part of a week, watching reruns of CSI and eating. Dan had just taken his first shower in four days and the bathroom window was still fogged up. Phil had tried to draw a crossword on it, but quickly realised that Dan was eating all of the Pringles whilst he was occupied, so he forgot about it and ended up watching Final Destination for the sixth time.

“Move over, my phone’s digging into my bum.”

Phil tried to roll onto the edge of the settee, but misjudged the distance and fell onto the floor instead. He heaved out a sigh. “We’re going to end up with no social life.”

Dan hummed, face pressed into the leather seating. He felt around for his phone in his back pocket. Phil watched for a second, then turned his gaze back to Dan’s face and said more sternly, “Dan, I’m serious. Wasn’t PJ supposed to come round yesterday?”

“Nnf m-nff, mffbf hf mffhff mhf nsff.”

“What?”

“I said,” mumbled Dan, turning his face and inhaling sweet oxygen. “I said, I don’t know, maybe he made some other plans.”

Phil groaned. “It’s already deteriorating.”

“Weee don’t need, aaa-nyyy-thiing,” sang Dan.

“Dan-“

“Or aaa-nyy-one,” continued Dan, ignoring Phil and clutching his chest dramatically. He stopped singing and looked towards his lover. “Phil..”

“Hmm?”

“Will you- I mean, would .. am I..” stumbled Dan, twisting his fingers into his belt loops. “Do you think you’ll ever get bored of me?”

Phil blinked, confused for a second, before letting out a chuckle. He shook his head and crawled forwards, bringing his face in front of Dan’s and resting his chin on the sofa. “Don’t be silly. Besides, if I got bored of you, where else would you live?” Dan frowned, making his eyebrows twitch down momentarily.

“If you got bored of me, I would cease to exist. The world around me would be meaningless; I’d just be part of the breeze, drifting from place to place, trying to find my purpose in life..”

“Shut up,” said Phil, leaning forward to peck Dan on the forehead.