Big City Dreams

Dear Addalyn,

I could never be mad at you for long gorgeous. I mean, we’ve been best friends since birth. I can’t just throw that away because you’re chasing your dream. You’ve been talking about running away to New York since you could talk. No way am I going to stop you from that. The only reason I flipped out is how all of a sudden all of it was. I thought we would have a ton of time to prepare and say goodbye, not a few fleeting minutes. But I do have a few rules for you now that you don’t live next door to me.

1. I’ve decided writing letters is way more fun than texting or talking on the phone. It’s like in the eighth grade when we would pass notes in Ms. Swinkies class about how much she smelled and how hot Owen and Dash were. So only letter writing is allowed. If you try to call me I will not answer.

2. In said letters you must tell me every little thing that happens to you New York. I mean I want to know what you had for lunch on the day you wrote the letter. I want to know the color of your underwear. Ok, maybe not that detailed, but you get what I’m saying.

3. Come visit as much as you can.

4. When you win your first Tony my name better by in your acceptance speech.

Take that city my storm Addie Bear.
-Nessa Monster.