Big City Dreams

Janessa Marie Buchanan,

This is it. You and Dash are finally getting married. You have no idea how insanely proud I am of both of you and of what you have become in the years I have known you.

We started out as babies crying in our mothers arms. You have been my best friend since before I can even form a memory. My whole life you have stood by me and supported all my crazy decisions (even the one to flee to New York). You believed in me when no one else did. And now, on you wedding day, I will stand next to you in the dress you gave me and hold your flowers while you say your vows and I will hold your dress while you pee and I will remind all the stupid drama makers (cough Sarah cough) that this is your day and you are the only drama queen allowed because this is what best friends do. And I will be bawling my eyes out as you promise yourself to the best man in the world for you.

And then after all that we’re gonna party baby.

We have been planning this exact wedding since we were five and it and you are even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I love you.

I wish you and Dash the best in life. You are the best couple I have ever seen and nothing will ever bring you down. Go get em tiger.

Your loving maid of honor,
Addalyn Louise Shay