Big City Dreams

To the Star Addalyn Shay,

I hope this letter gets to you before the show. Duncan snuck me into the back to slip it under your dressing room door. I may be a soccer mom, but I ain’t boring yet baby.

Anyways I just wanted to tell you how proud of you I am. You worked your butt off to get this role. I can’t believe you finally got your first big role. And it only took you six years in New York and countless background roles (love you). I know you will rock that role of Elphaba, green always was your color. We’re all in the audience smiling up at our small town girl gone big time. Addison tells everybody at school how she’s named after a famous Broadway star. And she can’t believe she’s here seeing her Auntie Addi on stage. Owen and Sarah are here too. Show him what he missed baby girl. Well anyways, I’ll let you get back to your pre-show preparations. Just know that we’re all out there sitting together staring up at you in awe. Duncan told me to tell you we’re with him in his usual sits. I guess that means you’ll know where we are. But don’t worry you’ll hear us cheerin’ like crazy when it’s over.

Love the small people,
Nessa (and family)

P.S. Congrats on the engagement, Duncan told me.