Big City Dreams

Addalyn,

Half of me is so happy for you. So happy that you are following your dreams. So happy that you found a place to stay, with another country girl nonetheless. But the other half of me misses you so bad it hurts. I know you have to do this, but I just want you home. This is the first time in the last 18 years I haven’t been able to walk across the street when I needed to talk to you. No more Friday night movies. No more summers by the lake. No more double dates with Owen and Dash.

Speaking of Owen. I’ve never seen him look so lost without you. He walks around town with no clue what to do. Dash is trying to make him feel better, but it ain’t working. He’s working fulltime at the auto shop and taking a few business classes at the community college. He moved into a dinky apartment near campus. I think staying with his parents made him think of you too much. No one will tell me what the big fight was about, but its killing Owen.

As for me, I’m taking classes at the U. You know the plan. Major in Early Childhood Education, work at the elementary school, live happily ever after with Dash by my side. I’m working at the bakery when I’m not at class. Dash works fulltime at the auto shop with Owen. Things are crazy. I’m still staying at my parents’, but Dash and I are saving up for a place of our own. We’ve been looking at the house on the corner of main and fifth. Hope you don’t mind. It’s kind of perfect.

Love you,
Nessa