Crazy

2.

Morgan Beckman was just about the happiest girl in the world. Even though she was sad that her friend had to deal with such a big loss, she had been waiting for One Direction to come to America for over a year and a half. Now it was her chance to meet them!

Advancing through the line to the meet and greet was thrilling. Morgan’s heart beat loudly in her throat and she started to get nervous.

“Hello, what’s your name?” asked the wonderful and beautiful Liam Payne.

Morgan couldn’t breathe. He was speaking to her. They were all looking at her. “Morgan Beckman,” she said with her signature smile.

“Liam, pleasure to meet you,” he said with a smile ten times dazzling than anyone else on the planet.

“My name is superman, but sometimes people call me Louis.”

“I’m Niall.”

“I’m Zayn.”

“Harry.” Morgan hugged them all, but stayed just a tiny bit longer to breathe in the cologne of Harry Styles.

A picture was taken and just as the boys were introducing themselves to another fan waiting in line, Morgan said to the group of boys, “I wasn’t supposed to be here, you know.” Puzzled looks followed. “This is my friend, Steph’s, meet and greet pass. She gave it to me because her brother, Harry died a couple weeks ago.” This caught Harry’s attention. “She really wanted to meet you guys.” Morgan gave a sad smile for her friend and began to walk away.

“Wait,” Harry called after her. Morgan turned around and stared into the beautiful green eyes that were a million times more beautiful in person than in the thousands of pictures she had seen on the internet. “Your friend, uh, does she have a phone number? The boys and I would like to give her a call to give our condolences for her loss.”

“Yes,” Morgan smiled and wrote down Steph’s phone number on the back of the sheet of paper that she had given Harry with her twitter on it.

The next day at school Morgan bolted through the front door. She abruptly stopped when she realized that it would be so much cooler if she didn’t tell Steph, if Steph just found out on her own.

Steph walked in to school ready to hear all about how great the concert was last night. Well, she wasn’t necessarily ready, but she knew it was something she had to do.

“Hey Steph,” Morgan walked over to the lockers.

“Hey Morg, how was the concert?”

“It was alright.”

“Oh, come on, Morgan! You won’t hurt my feelings! Tell me all about it! Did you talk to Harry?” Steph craved details of the night so that she could create her own stories in her mind about how it might have went if she was there.

“Well,” Morgan said with a smirk, “IT WAS AWESOME!” The two girls giggled.

Steph made her way to homeroom a little bit happy that her friend had a great time even when she couldn’t.

The announcements came on but Steph’s mind was elsewhere. She began to think about how things would be if Harry was here. Would he have driven her to the concert last night? Would he have complained about how gay they were? Would he have asked their mother for a day off from school this morning after partying too hard over the weekend?

She snapped herself out of the daze. Deciding that playing “What would Harry do?” was forbidden, Steph tried to occupy her mind with other things. Nothing could really come to mind except for the fact that she was trying so hard not to think of her late brother. Saved by the bell, she walked to first period.

Dread filled her mind as she went through her day at Merion Mercy Academy. These halls reminded her of life before Harry’s death. Although the picture of him had been taken down from her locker, she could still see it every time she turned the key to exchange her books.

Some things distracted Steph throughout the day: the hilarious lecture in Latin class, the spill on her History teacher’s blouse. For some reason, she could feel herself slowly coming around to accepting her brother’s death. Steph felt guilty that every single thought wasn’t focused on Harry and his life and his death. But, she knew that she had to be happy. The long walk up the yellow hallway to the buses at the end of the day was normal.

“Will Stephanie Davidson please report to the front office?” the loudspeaker blasted throughout the halls. It was probably some counselor checking up on her or something. She walked into the office and checked in with the secretary, noting a large amount of flowers. They were probably for the auction on Saturday.

“Stephanie Davidson, I got called over the announcement.

The secretary gave her an exasperated look, “Oh, you. This was delivered for you.” She pointed to the giant arrangement of flowers that was taking up half of the office.
Steph walked over to the mess, flabbergasted. She read the note, “Stay Strong, Steph. Love, One Direction.”