Chasing Shadows

Awkward Reunion

Leucien looked up from his spot on the floor to the assistant that had rushed into the gym. He was out of breath and Leucien looked at him with concern, the man, well boy to him, looked white as a sheet. Others in the gym eyed up the odd couple, Leucien got off the floor, putting the medicine ball to one side.

"What is it?" He asked.

"He's...back" The boy gasped.

Leucien knew exactly who the boy was talking about and he grabbed the boy's shoulder and lifted him into the air. He left his stuff in the locker, waved to the receptionist of the gym and ran outside, demanding to know which car the boy drove. He let the boy down and they both jogged to a small blue van. Leucien drove as fast as he could, the poor boy was clutching to his seat belt for dear life. they pulled up at the Head Quarters, Leucien ditching the van and leaving the boy to park it as he got inside and down the elevator as fast he could. Heading straight for the weapons area. Leucien geared up with his favourite weapons; knuckle dusters with a retractable blade, a small dagger and a specialised gun for shooting Vampires.

Making sure he had everything he needed he went back upstairs to the office room and went to where the crowd was gathered around a large computer station. There were five screens showing a young, good looking man in his late twenties, getting into his car and driving off, leaving the night club he had just visited. Leucien asked for Simon to pull up the footage again but keep one screen on the live footage. Leucien got his to pause at exactly the right bit; there was a spot of blood on the young man's cheek, so easy to miss; but Leucien had been hunting Vampire's for a long time, he knew what to look for.

Bidding them all goodbye, he left and took his own car, again specially design. Not all the legends of Vampire's were true, but he believed in everyone of them and had something for just in cases. He had the car blessed and had hidden articles that would keep Vampires away from the car, but not too suspicious that the Vampire's would know he was a Hunter. With the both small screens in place of a radio, one letting Leucien keep in touch with Simon and one to let him see what Simon was seeing. He followed the tracker and eventually stopped. the tracker on the Vampire was no longer moving. Leucien hid his car in the shadows of an empty alley-way. The Vampire had stopped three alley's down, feeding again. Leucien tensed his muscles as he prepared himself mentally for a fight. Just as he got to the alley opening, as quite as a shadow, a small gasp broke the silence of the night. The alley way had two lampposts in it, so it was bright enough for Leucien to see the back of the Vampire, and the legs of his latest victim.

"Long time no see, Raoul" Leucien said, stepping into the mouth of the alley.

The girl gasped and her legs spasmed, causing Leucien to look away, he hadn't killed her yet, but she would die of blood loss soon enough.

"I thought I recognised that scent" Came Raoul's cheery voice.

He stood from where he was crouching and wiped at his mouth with a napkin and dropped it on the girl's stomach as he turned to face Leucien. Raoul grinned at his old 'friend' and opened his arms.

"How about a hug?"

Leucien spat at Raoul's feet as Raoul gave a hearty laugh. He grinned at Leucien.

"You haven't changed a bit, well. You've gotten a little older" He mused.

"Of course, I'm still the same"

"You're still a heartless monster, you'll never change"

Raoul laughed and tutted Leucien. He opened his mouth to speak but Leucien cut him off.

"You think you've got all the air's and graces of your Sire, but you don't. So save yourself the embarrassment and shut your trap" Leucien growled, making his hands into fists, one blade out and the other in.

Raoul growled angrily at the calm, muscled man in front of him; he hated being spoken down to.

"This should be amusing" Raoul sneered.

In one fluid movement, Raoul took off his coat and dashed so fast behind Leucien, his coat hadn't hit the ground. Leucien anticipated this and turned, punching Raoul in the jaw as he appeared. Raoul hissed, falling to the floor, leg extended and kicked Leucien's feet out from under him. Leucien fell to the ground hard, trying to get up but Raoul was on his laying punch after punch. Leucien struck out and sliced Raoul's arm, slowing the Vampire's reaction's long enough for Leucien to grab the fist heading for his face and push it back hard, snapping the wrist. Raoul roared in pain as there was a defiant 'snap'. Reeling away Leucien had time to get up, but Raoul tackled him into the wall, winding Leucien. Raoul punched Leucien's face right and left, then headbutted him, Leucien kicked Raoul between the legs and he gasped, falling. Leucien wiped the blood from his eyes and spat on the Vampire as he shook violently on the ground. Leucien grinned down at him.

"It ends here" Leucien said as he brought out his dagger quickly and dove for Raoul's throat.

The girl let out a sudden scream, making Leucien jump mid-stab, giving Raoul time to move out of the way, grab Leucien's arm, and twist it, popping the bone out of place. Leucien yelled in pain and fell to his knees, dropping his dagger as Raoul continued to twist. Using his foot, Raoul kicked under the knife and caught it with his free hand mid-air.

The Vampire was angry, but he wouldn't kill this pathetic human, he would torture him, he would make this human remember that Vampire's run this city, and no one was ever going to stop that. As he thought this he took the blade and put it to Leucien's shining, hairless head and began to carve the letter 'R'.

"Now, you'll always...remember me" He gave an evil chuckle and heaved a sigh as he finished.

Leucien grunting and trying not to yell and cry. The hot blood running down the back of his neck, Raoul inhaled the smell. He licked his lips and remember the girl, she was dying slowly and most likely painfully, he would look, but wouldn't put it past Leucien to try get out of his grasp. He would have to slow this pain in the ass down.

Distracted by his train of thought, Raoul failed to notice a shadow pass by over-head. That shadow took no hesitation, and when Raoul went to stab at Leucien's stomach, an arrow whistled through the air, and hit Raoul in the shoulder so hard, it sent him flying backwards. Raoul grunted, dropped the knife, lost his footing and fell to his arse on the ground. He could smell his blood and he started to panic; who had hit him?

There was a click of boots and then two more arrows pierced Raoul and he found himself unable to move. He screamed as he looked down to where the arrows where, one in each shoulder and one in his intestines, just above his manhood. He let out and ear-[piercing scream as he began to feel a burning sensation, he tried to move to remove the arrows form his body, but found he couldn't move. He wriggled in vain, screaming in anguish and pain. He gasped, now sweating and looked at the man who had struck him. He was bent over Leucien and holding the man's arm, there was murmured talk, a pause, then a horrid 'click' and a short but loud 'Ah!' from Leucien as the man had put his shoulder back into place.

The man got Leucien up on his feet, more hushed tones, they slapped each others shoulders, the new comer remembering to slap the other shoulder. They grinned at each other and then the new comer made his way to Raoul, his boots clicking on the ground as he did so. Then suddenly the clicking stopped and the Vampire glared at the silent man as he now kneeled in front of him, noses almost touching.

"Coward" Raoul spat.

"Says he who drinks the blood of innocent girls. I know of the prey you take you vile disgusting creature"

Colin back-handered Raoul so hard the Vampire's head snapped to the side. Raoul was quick to react and snapped his head back, trying to bite into Colin's hand and get some blood, but Colin anticipated this and grabbed Raoul's jaw, keeping the Vampire's mouth open and placing a small electrode on his tongue. Te Vampire tried to move, but Colin was strong and held his face in place, using his free hand to reach under his coat, onto his belt and retrieve a small control box with one button on it. Raoul was scared, he was always the predator, always the torturer, never the one being tortured...

His scream was so high pitched, Colin expected to hear dogs barking. He stopped and looked at the Vampire whose hair now stood don end and whose tongue was burning. He looked into the eyes of the scared Vampire and grinned.

"I love the look of fear in a Vampire's eyes"

Raoul's eyes widened as he recognised the form of those words, but before he could say or do anything, Colin let his head go and held the button in place, watching the Vampire's head and neck twitch and writhe violently as the volts went through his body, horrid noises accompanying the movements.

"Colin!"

"In a minute"

"No Colin now!"

Colin refused to move, until he heard the snap of the neck and then the familiar noise of a Vampire dying, then he watched the top of the head turn to dust before he turned his back and advanced on his friend and the unconscious girl.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Lost too much, you've got to carry her"

"She won't make it, I should kill her"

"No!" Leucien said.

"Vampire's are killing enough humans we've got to try and save her"

"You're soft" Colin grunted, took the girl and carried her over his shoulder.

The girl was twitching constantly and he moved fast, Leucien following, holding his injured arm and wiping the thing stream of blood from his head, where Raoul head-butted him. They got to the car and Colin drove as fast as Leucien had, getting back to the Head Quarters as soon as possible. Rushing the girl to the dungeon, where a bed was provided and medical equipment sent down to work on her. Colin made sure his friend was seen too and waited in the canteen upstairs. He was concerned for his friend and the girl.

An hour later Leucien appeared, a huge grin on his face and his arm in a sling and sporting a large white bandage on the back of his head. Colin waved to his friend and they shook hands as Leucien sat across from Colin.

"Where have you been?"

"Hunting" Colin shrugged.

"Where?" Leucien emphasised.

"...Russia"

Leucien sighed and rolled his eyes.

"You're gonna get yourself killed y'know"

"That's what you get when you work with Vampire's" Colin grinned.

Leucien took in the site of his old friend. Colin had long black wavy hair to his shoulders and a lot of stubble. He looked over Colin's clothes, realised what he was doing and gave a hearty laugh.

"Are you dressed up like Van Helsing?" Leucien grinned.

"Took you long enough" Colin grinned back.

They shared a laugh and Leucien shook his head.

"You're just terrible. I can't believe you're going for that cheesy, cliche crap" He chuckled.

Colin pulled an offended face.

"I happen to find it fashionable" He shrugged.

Leucien laughed and Colin smiled.

"What have you guys been up to?"

"Work, working out, finding new leads. Trying to find you" Leucien gave him a look.

"How are you feeling after all that?"

"Sore, bastard cut a line into my head" Leucien gently rubbed the bandage at the back of his head, his face was crest-fallen with anger, but he sighed and forgot about it as he remember why his friend had gone to Russia.

Colin shrugged, sighed and sipped his coffee. Leucien sighed and took Colin's coffee from him, having a gulp. Leucien pulled a face and looked at Colin who looked less than unamused.

"What is that crap?"

"Coffee, from your vending machine"

Leucien pulled another face, smacked his lips then cleared his throat.

"Look, I know you're desperate to find him, I know you will. Just stop going after him, he'll come
back here. He always does, every Vampire has to visit where they were born"

"Made" Colin corrected.

Leucien shrugged. Colin looked down at his hands then up to Leucien innocently.

"How long has it been anyway?"

"Five years jack-ass" Leucien told him.

Colin tutted Leucien.

"It's not that long"

"Without contact it is, how was I supposed to know you got him? Hrm? How was I supposed to know you weren't killed?"

"You trained me" Colin grinned.

Leucien laughed.

"World's worst suck-up. Y'know, I find it insulting"

"What?"

"You killed my Vampire"

Colin shrugged.

"You had to have a tag in, your good arm was injured"

Leucien went to open his mouth when the elevator opened and Simon ran out towards them.

"Leucien it's important!"

"What is?" Leucien and Colin both asked.

Simon grinned at Colin who saluted back, Simon continued;

"They can't save her, they can't keep her alive." He said sadly.

Leucien's face dropped and he sighed. Colin noticed as Simon's eyes lit up again with a curious twinkle.

"However, one of the wards downstairs had an interesting idea" He said.

Leucien was all ears; he couldn't let this poor, innocent girl die.

They listened to Simon, whose face was bright with agreement, Leucien mused it, eyes lighting up as he saw another chance; Colin growled and banged his fists against the table loudly, spilling his coffee;

"No! Absolutely not!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys not that anyone is actually reading this right now haha but for anyone that does, thanks for reading, Ive really fell in love with this story, mainly the first three chpaters, I love them them the most! Although I do quite like this one, unsure of it, so if you ever read it, fancy dropping me a message to let me know if it's ok?

Thanks millions <3