Status: Guess who's back, bitches <3

Shut Your Eyes

Don't Do Anything I Wouldn't Do

It didn’t take me long to get ready. I threw on some skinny jeans and a long-sleeved black v-neck before arranging an olive green scarf around my neck. Quickly, I sprayed some hairspray into my explosion of curls and set to work on the ultimate task: covering up my black eye. It was getting worse before it was getting better, turning an even darker shade of purple. I dug the new dermablend makeup I bought out of my bag. I had hunted all over downtown Pittsburgh for it, finally finding it at a beauty supply shop. Using a makeup sponge, I blended it on carefully, making sure to get every wine colored centimeter. After I finished, I grabbed my jacket, threw my purse on my shoulder, and slipped on a pair of black flats before walking into the living room and plopping down onto the couch.

Upstairs, I could hear the shower running. If Max was only just getting in the shower, I could be waiting a while. Looking down at my phone, I realized it needed to be charged. I got up and walked into the kitchen, unplugging Max’s fully charged phone from the plug and attaching my phone in its place. Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, I wandered back to the couch and laid down on it, turning the TV on once I was comfy. I scrolled through the channels for a while, finally settling on a rerun of Law and Order before snuggling into warm couch. My eyelids got heavy and before I could find out who killed the apartment manager, I fell asleep.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Maggie.” Max spoke softly as he woke me up, choosing to poke my side until I awoke instead of shaking me.

My eyes blinked open, and stared into Max’s as he stood over me.

“Vous pouvez rester ici si vous voulez.” (You can stay here if you want.) He said quietly, but I shook my head and sat up slowly, using one arm to brace myself against the couch.

“Non, il est très bien. Voir? Je suis éveillé.” (No, it’s fine. See? I’m awake.) I stood up and smoothed my outfit, fluffed my hair, and readjusted my scarf.

Max chuckled and handed me my jacket. “Viens. J'ai déjà tiré la voiture sorti du garage.” (Come on, I’ve already pulled the car out of the garage)

I followed him towards the door, stopping him before he left the house altogether.

“Avez-vous votre portefeuille?” (Do you have your wallet?) I asked softly and Max patted his back pocket.

“Oui.” (Yes)

“Vos clés?” (Your keys?)

“Oui mère.” (Yes mother.) He replied sarcastically, jangling a key ring in my face.

I smiled and cocked my head to the side. “Votre téléphone?” (Your telephone?)

He opened his mouth to throw a witty comeback my way as he reached into his jacket pocket, only for it to come up empty. He quickly ran back into the kitchen, and came back with a black iphone in his hand and a smirk on his face. He shoved his phone in his jacket pocket and grabbed both sides of my face in his large rough hands, planting a noisy, sloppy kiss on my forehead.

“Que ferais-je sans toi?” (What would I do without you?)

“Vous n'aurez plus jamais à le savoir.” (You’ll never have to find out.) I stated quietly as I followed him outside to the car.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

The door flew open as Max reached for the doorbell.

Veronique shot out of the house like a bullet, passing right by Max and grabbing me into a bone-crushing hug.

“Maggie!” She squealed, brown eyes shining bright. “Marc dit que tu étais dans la ville, et je ne pouvais tout simplement pas le croire. Mais, vous êtes ici!” (Marc said you were in town, and I couldn’t believe it, but here you are!)

Like Marc, Vero had an infectious personality. Just being next to her brought a smile to my face, and it only grew as I watched Max being led inside by Marc, complaining about not getting a hello. I hugged her back, keeping my arms around her waist as she pulled back to get a better look at me.

“Aussi belle que jamais.” (As beautiful as ever.) She cooed, frowning a bit when she saw my lip.

“Qu'est-il arrivé, mon chéri?” (What happened, darling?) I touched a finger to my lip and rolled my eyes nonchalantly.

“J'ai couru dans une porte.” (I ran into a door.) Vero chuckled and led me towards the door, keeping an arm around my waist.

“Tout comme belle et tout aussi maladroit.” (Just as beautiful, and just as clumsy.) She teased good-naturedly as we walked into the house.

Obviously, Vero had been the one to decorate. The décor had her name written all over it, from the beautiful silk drapes to the pristine white furniture. How she managed to keep it clean with the boys always coming over, I would never know. The house in itself was beautiful, with high ceilings and white crown-molding running along them. The living room was massive, with a huge stone fireplace and floor to ceiling windows running along the wall that faced the backyard.

Marc led Max downstairs to put together the ping-pong table while Vero led me into the kitchen for coffee and chit-chat. She sat me down at a white wood breakfast table, and went to turn the coffee machine on.

“Je te tellement manqué, Maggie! Marc a trop. Il ne serait pas enfermé sur vous voir à la pratique, il était tellement excité!” (I’ve missed you so much, Maggie! Marc too. He wouldn’t shut up about seeing you at practice, he was so excited!) I smiled at Vero’s chattering. I’d grown accustomed to it during the one week I spent with her that Christmas.

She poured me a cup of coffee, and set it down in front of me, gliding through the kitchen trying to find sugar and cream. “J'étais tellement en colère quand Marc m'a dit que lui et les garçons a déjeuné avec vous à la maison de Max. S'il me m'avait dit , je serais venu le long de sorte que vous n'étiez pas la seule fille.” (I was so mad when Marc told me he and the boys had lunch with you at Max’s house. If he’d told me, I would have come along so you weren’t the only girl.)

“C'était une sorte de dernière minute.” (It was sort of last minute) I reminded her softly, blowing lightly on the surface of my drink.

She waved a hand through the air, rolling her eyes with a huff. “Je sais, je sais. Il devrait encore m'ont dit.” (I know, I know. He still should have told me.)

I smiled and she gave me a wicked grin. “Que pensez-vous du des garçons?” (What’d you think of the boys?)

I shrugged, and sent her a coy glance over the edge of my coffee cup. “Ils sont gentils. Un groupe très attractif.” (They’re nice. A very attractive group.)

A squeal spilled from her lips. “Ne sont-ils? C'est en fait un peu ridicule. Ils sont tous celibataire, si. Je pourrais vous arranger…” (Aren’t they? It’s actually a little ridiculous. They’re all single though. I could fix you up…) Her voice trailed off, a smirk playing on her lips and an eyebrow raised.

I nearly choked on my coffee. Sputtering, I patted myself on the chest and tried to regain my breath. Vero sat at the other side of the table and watched me with an amused glint in her eyes. I gave her a steely glare, pointing a finger in her direction. “Non, non, il n'y aura rien de tout cela. Vero, je connais ce regard. Ne pensez même pas à ce sujet.” (No no, there will be none of that. Vero, I know that look. Don’t even think about it.)

She jutted out her bottom lip slightly. “S'il vous plaît?” (Please?) I shook my head, rolling my eyes at her.

“Même pas un peu.” (Not even a little.)

“Très bien, mais je ne suis pas heureux à ce sujet.” (Fine, but I’m not happy about it.) She said and sipped on her coffee, a dejected look on her face. She recovered quickly though, and changed the topic.

“Vous venez à le match de demain?” (Are you coming to the game tomorrow?) She asked with a smile on her face.

“Je pensais à ce sujet.” (I thought about it.) I admitted quietly.

“Vous devriez venir! Vous pouvez vous asseoir avec moi dans la boîte. Marc me fait toujours assis là-haut au lieu de dans les tribunes, et je me sens si seul. Vous pouvez venir me tenir compagnie!” (You should come! You can sit in the box with me. Marc always makes me sit up there instead of the stands, and I get so lonely. You can keep me company!) She suggested happily.

I didn’t think about it for long, the answer was obvious.

“Je serai là.” (I’ll be there.) I said with a smile.

“Bien.” (Good.) Vero looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. A bright smile broke onto her face and she stood up, pulling me up out of my chair as well. “J'ai une idée! Alors que les garçons travaillent sur leur jouet, nous devrions sortir et avoir du jour d'une fille.” (I have an idea! While the boys work on their toy, we should go out and have a girl’s day.)

“Qu'est-ce que vous avez à l'esprit?” (What did you have in mind?) I asked, a little nervous at what she’d want to do.

She smiled wistfully, grabbing my hands in hers and talking excitedly. “Nous pourrions sortir pour le déjeuner et profitez de nos faire les ongles, et peut-être faire le tour du centre-ville.” (We could go out for lunch and get our nails done, and maybe go shopping downtown)

“Sonne comme amusant.” (Sounds like fun.) I agreed, squeezing her hands a bit before she walked us over to the basement stairs and led me down into Marc’s man-cave.

It looked like a teenage boy’s dream. There were video games everywhere, from brand new gaming systems to old arcade machines. A pool table sat in the center of the room, a few couches and a huge TV sitting off to one side. Marc and Max were staring a pile of parts, clearly trying to decide where to start.

“Nous allons aller chercher le déjeuner et peut-être faire quelques achats. Avez-vous deux besoin de quelque chose alors que nous sommes en ville?” (We’re gonna go get lunch and maybe do some shopping. Do you two need anything while we’re in town?) Vero asked sweetly, and Marc shook his head.

“Nous devrions être bien. Vous, les filles de s'amuser.” (We should be fine. You girls have fun.) He said with a smile and Max nodded.

“Ne pas faire ce que je ne ferais pas.” (Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.) He warned with a smirk and a wink. Vero pursed her lips in thought.

“Cela n'exclut pas beaucoup, Max.” (That doesn’t rule out much, Max.)

“Dans ce cas, juste faire attention.” (In that case, just be careful.) He said and sent a meaningful glance my way.

“Nous le ferons.” (We will.) I answered.

Vero and I walked back upstairs and grabbed our things before getting into her car and heading towards downtown, flurries of snow swirling around us like a blanket.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies :)

Another update for you all (I told you chapter 9 was already partly done)

Thanks so much for reading! And an extra-special hello to all my commenters/subscribers :) You guys are the best! All your comments have been super sweet, and I really appreciate the feedback.

If you haven't subscribed or commented yet, please do! It only takes a few seconds and I always comment back! Pinky-promise!

As usual, stay excellent you guys.

- <3 C