Status: slowly updating!

Music to My Ears

Chapter Ten

A couple nights after the opening concert, I was sitting with the WAG’s behind the bench at the boy’s last home game before their big three week road trip. To be frank, I was a little nervous for this road trip. He’s gone on road trips before, but not as long as this one. We were in a good place, but I wasn’t sure what would happen during these three weeks. I would be busy with CSO rehearsals and concerts, and he would be busy with games, so I don’t know when we would be able to talk. But we would make it work… right?

I shook the thoughts from my mind as Abby pulled on my sleeve, pulling me up for the anthem. Pretty soon after the electric energy gained from the anthem increased as the puck dropped. All of us settled into our seats, getting ready for another exciting game of old time hockey.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was the end of the third period and the score was tied up at 2 between the Hawks and the Devils. Both captains, Jonny and Zach Parise, were pushing their team to play their best, and they were. Both teams were starting to fade because of the physical fatigue, but they wouldn’t let it showed. The only way I knew was because Jonny kept wiping his face shield – something he did whenever he was tired and frustrated.

All of a sudden, of New Jersey’s players made an interference penalty against Patrick Sharp, causing for a penalty shot. Everyone in the UC was on their feet, and Abby was gripping my arm so hard I felt her nails digging in.

Pat skated fast with the puck toward the goalie, deked to the left and faked to the right and shot the puck to the upper right corner.

Everyone held their breath and started cheering when the goal horn went off and Chelsea Dagger started playing. I looked over at Abby, who had a relieved look on her face. I gave her a quizzical look and she explained to me, “If that didn’t go in, I would have a pissy Pat for the rest of the weekend.” All of the women laughed as we clapped for the goal.

Seconds ticked by, and all the Hawks had to do to win was to keep the puck out of their zone. Once the buzzer sounded the end of the game, everyone was on their feet cheering again. Jon turned around and gave me a smile and pointed to me, causing the WAG’s to go “Awhhh” and poke my sides. I just grinned and rolled my eyes.

We made our way down to the locker room, making small talk with each other before we were let into the locker room. I pushed my glasses back up my face before stepping into the locker room. I had to wear my glasses because my contacts were being ordered.

I walked over to Jon’s stall which was oddly empty, so I sat down and put my face in hands, held up by my elbows resting on my knees. I closed my eyes for a couple minutes finally feeling the exhaustion settle in. I had recording this morning at 2:45 am, then rehearsal at 2:30 pm, and it takes a lot out of you. I felt myself falling asleep before I felt myself being picked up bridal style by Jon with a smirk on his face.

“Tired, much?”

I smiled and nodded. “Great game, babe,” I said and kissed his cheek.

“Ready to go home?” I laughed and nodded. He set me down for a second, and after slinging his equipment bag over his shoulder, he picked me up again and we waved to the guys remaining in the locker room.

Once we were in the car, he grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. I smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

We got to his apartment, and once we walked inside, he threw me a tshirt to sleep in. I smiled sheepishly as I went to change and brush my teeth in the bathroom. When I got into his room to go to bed, he was already in bed waiting for me. I smiled and climbed in, and his arm immediately snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him.

“You know, I thought that I looked good in that shirt, but it looks way better on you,” he said as I turned in his arms to face him. I laughed and closed my eyes.

“Hey Dee, I have something I need to tell you,” he said seriously.

“Hm?” I mumbled with my eyes closed.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too,” I whispered back before sleep came over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
told ya it was short. just wanted to get something out because i felt unproductive today. (which i was)

deidre's outift: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=51932879