Status: slowly updating!

Music to My Ears

Chapter Seven

I was onstage at the Symphony Center when I got a text from Andrew.

Andrew Shaw
hey, I’ll be over there in a few! i had to meet with the coaches after practice

I smiled and texted him back.

no worries! is everything okay??

Andrew Shaw
yeah, everything’s fine. i’ll tell you when I get there

That’s weird.

okay see you soon

I continued practicing Czardas, my new solo that I’m playing with the orchestra. It’s a very romantic, dramatic piece that’s causing me to come out of my shell a bit more.

By the time I finished the piece, I opened my eyes and found Andrew standing in the aisle, slowly applauding. I grinned and jokingly gave a huge dramatic bow.

I ran offstage and down to the audience (which was easy because I wore sandals today) and gave him a hug. “Hey there, stranger,” he greeted me.

“Oh hi, I’m Deidre O’Kelley. Nice to meet you!” I said as I stuck out my hand for him to shake. He laughed as he shook my hand. I held onto his hand and tugged him to the stage where I was practicing just moments ago.

“So what did the coaches want to ask you about?” I asked him as we sat on the floor.

“Oh, it’s nothing to worry about. They were just giving me some ideas that would improve my game a bit,” he waved off. The look in his eyes showed me that it wasn’t just that, but I ignored it.

“Alright. Well did you hear the entire song?” I asked him with a small smile.

He shook his head. “By the time I got in, you were on the last part.” I stood up. “Well, would you like to hear it?” I smiled at him. He nodded his head and I started playing.

The dramatic beginning was the best I had ever played it, and the playful middle section was light and impressive. Because I got so comfortable with it, I was able to start moving along with the song; something that people knew me well for. Pretty soon, the piece came to a close, and I finished with a flourish. I turned to Andrew. “How did it sound?” I asked.

When I looked at him, he had wide eyes, a smile, and started standing up. He grabbed my violin and bow form my hands, and set them on the chair, all the while not breaking eye contact with me. He pulled me by my hips into his body, and then wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe, secure, and happy.

“That,” he kissed my cheek. “Was,” he kissed my other cheek. “Amazing,” he kissed my lips.

Ah, his lips felt so nice against mine. We kissed for countless moments before resting our foreheads against each other’s. “Thanks,” I whispered.

“Want to grab some dinner?” he asked.

I laughed. “You hockey boys, always thinking about food.”

He scoffed before saying, “Hey, food is important!”

I kissed his cheek and agreed. I packed up my violin, and left the Symphony Center hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
deidre's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=50285518
deidre's new solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op7GsUAiRnM

haha this one is a bit short too! thanks to all of my readers and subscribers, i love you all :) xoxo