‹ Prequel: Speak Now
Status: Coming Soon

You Left Me

"I lost her in 1978"

It has been four years since I left Arizona and four years since I’ve lived in Maryland. There’s a difference between the two and it isn’t just the weather. I could name a lot of differences but there’s just one thing, well one person that I’m now glad that is no longer in my life. That person being John O’Callaghan, the one who stole my heart and broke it in two, the day I told him I was in love with him.

To get passed all the drama that I left behind in Arizona, I asked my old friend and boss, Larry, if I could be transferred. He gave me a new job up in Baltimore, Maryland. It was going great up there; I made new friends with a bunch of people, my favorite people where the guys from a band called All Time Low. I started shooting them right when I got there. They were amazing and became some of my closest friends. I even moved in with Jack Barakat, when his roommate moved out.

Jack became a brother to me, he took me in under his wing and his family thought of me as their own as well. He reminded me a lot of Kennedy, despite the trying to get in my pants at times. Then there was Zack and Rian, those two were brothers too, but mainly friends. We’d hang out from time to time, but since they’re always busy with other things, I’d really only see them if it were after a meeting with the band, or after a photo shoot. Either way they were all pretty great.

Then there was Alex. He’s the lead singer, and I thought I learned my lesson those four years ago, but I couldn’t help but like him when I met him. Jack makes fun of me all the time because of my stupid crush over his best friend, but how can you not? He has those gorgeous brown eyes, soft brown hair, and his voice could sing me to sleep whenever he wanted to.

Alex and I started off at the wrong foot though. At the time I met him, he had a girlfriend and she did not like me one bit. They were in a relationship for three years, but broke up a few months after me knowing them. He explained to us that she had been cheating on him for the last year and a half and didn't want to deal with her anymore. So then, after a year later, Alex and I got closer and now we have this relationship where none of us can explain. We’d flirt with each other, tease each other, but never once have we ever kissed, or gone further than that.

Everyone asks how we have never gotten anywhere, or when it will happen, but none of them need to know that Alex and I had already talked about this. He knows about my past more than any of them. He just doesn't know who it was with. I told him I was scared to jump into something like that again, and that I don’t want to get hurt. He understood, and kept that distance until I felt comfortable.

Anyway, getting away from my new life in Maryland, I am now on my way back to Arizona. Something I did not want to do at all, but an old friend of mine from high school was getting married, and she had asked me to be her photographer and also to be there for her to finish off the last details, so I was flying in a week beforehand.

I knew it was going to be risky for me coming back home, but it wouldn't be possible to run into anyone from my past. My friend, Danielle, didn't know any of the boys, and I’m hoping she did not become friends with any of them during my absence.

All I’m hoping is for this week to go by quickly. I don’t want any risks, I don’t want to be late for anything, or get side tracked. I’ll help as much as I can with Danny’s wedding, but let’s hope I can stay inside till the big day comes, then I can fly back home and pretend as if I've never stepped foot in Arizona.

But like always, luck is never on my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, everyone. Here's the first chapter to the re-written version of You Left Me.
I know it's short, but hang in there. I'm getting somewhere with this, and hopefully you'll all enjoy the changes, and again, I'm sorry for changing it all up. But here you go, and I hope you enjoy!

xoxo, Jenna