Serene

Lulling Me To Sleep

She glared out the window. “Damn you, Bruno.” Rain pitter-pattered outside, the sound having a lulling effect on her. “Who the hell broke up with you this time?” Arms snaked around her waist and he chuckled, placing his head on her shoulder.

“There’ll be no sunshine, if I lose you baby. There’ll be no clear skies, if I lose you baby. Just like the clouds my eyes will do the same. If you walk away, everyday it’ll rain, rain, rain,” he sang quietly, swaying her back and forth.

Larythzza couldn’t help but smile, his voice always warming her heart, filling it up to it’s peak. “Daesung oppa, what should we do since we can’t go out like we planned?” She turned her head to face him, their cheeks grazing as she leaned her head on his.

“Hm…” He leaned his head against hers, holding her tighter. “How about we just lay in bed?” He looked out the window. “The rain’s actually really calming, and I feel as if I’d fall asleep just listening to it. It’s got a lullaby quality right now.”

She closed her eyes and listened to the rain. “That sounds like a good idea. Off to the bed of wonders!” Daesung let go of her and she skipped the few steps to the bed and jumped on her side like she was jumping off a diving platform and the bed was the pool.

Daesung crawled in after her, covering them both in the sheets. She smiles and ducks her head under the sheets only her head visible. “I wanna see you, not just your head, Lary,” he said, amused. He pats her head, then brushed his fingers through her hair, combing out the strands that were pinned to the pillow or under the sheets. She brings down the sheets slowly, scooting closer to him as he continues running his fingers through her hair.

It calmed her, and she was sure it was calming for him too. She wrapped an arm around his waist, laying her head on his shoulder. He stroked her hair again, and led his hand downward, placing it on her shoulder, pulling her closer. His cheek leaned against her head, and he turned, leaving a kiss in her hair, soft as a feather.

Another kiss was placed on her temple, then her cheek. She smiled, and then he tilted her head upward, placing a soft, chaste kiss on her lips. She kissed him back, the rain a distant drumming in her ears compared to her heartbeat. They broke apart, staying forehead to forehead on one pillow.

Not a word was said as they listened to the rain outside.

He moved strands of hair away from her eyes. “There’s my girl.” He smiled, and she saw a genuine peace in his eyes that she hadn’t seen in a long time. She saw happiness return after what had happened, and excitement, but true peace and a feeling of ease she hadn’t seen until now.

Larythzza cupped his face in her hand, rubbing a thumb along his cheekbone. She laughed softly, which made him grin in return.

“What?”

“I haven’t seen you this content in a long time. It makes me elated to know this puts you at ease.” She ran a finger over his eyelid, his eyes closing as she did so, tracing his face slowly.

He wraps another arm around her waist and rolls on top of her, one of her hands tangled in his hair, his arms curved under her shoulders. She hooks a leg around his as he replies, “You always put me at ease. When it’s just you and me I’m always content, always elated to have you with me on this earth.” He kisses under her jaw, and then ghosts his lips up her jawline as he mumbles, “I’d love to be able to grow old with you, sitting outside in our rocking chairs out somewhere, just being alive.” He hugs her, and then adds quietly, “Being alive with you is all I want.”

She didn’t know how to reply to that. She wasn’t sure how to put her love into words like that. Instead she hugged his torso, moving a little so she could kiss him, trying to figure out what she could say. She nipped at his lower lip, before pulling away a little. “I’d want to be with you always.” He moves a hand along her arm before slipping his fingers in hers.

“I know you do.”

He then moves aside a tad, and they reassemble themselves, moving towards each other again as they laid their heads beside the others, eyes closing as the rain lulls them to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love you, Za. <3 Happy Birthday, bb.