Sequel: Secrets

We Are Young

Brandon

“Finally” Jayden said. “it’s fucking done” Brandon smiled. She had glitter on her face. He grabbed one of the glitter glue pens then drew a red glitter heart on her face.

Jayden took a purple glitter pen and drew a penis on his face. they both laughed.

“What did you draw?” Jayden asked.

“A heart…what did you draw?”

“You don’t want to know” Brandon pulled out his phone and looked at himself in the reflection.

“Perfect. It looks just like my penis”

“So your penis is 3 inches long, glittery and purple?” Jayden asked. Brandon blushed.

“At first it is, but when you get it hard…it’s like a mother fucking clarinet long” Jayden laughed. She loved the musical references. He really got to know her.

And that was the problem. He was in too deep…way too deep. He was falling in love with her.

“I’ll bring the project to school tomorrow…remember our agreement?” Jayden asked.

“Yeah, I’m presenting”

“No the other one”

“Oh yeah, I’ll remember to finish the power point” he said.

“Promise?”

“It’s going to be so amazing you’ll love me for life” Jayden smiled.

“Good”

The librarian walked over and looked at them. He gave them a weird look. “Library closes in 10 minutes”

“Ok” Jayden said. she picked up her things. “Need a ride home?”

“Nah, I’m heading to the cemetery for a smoke…wanna come?”

“Not this time, I have a huge Psychology test tomorrow, I need to study”

“You never told me about your home life” Brandon said.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, I’ve asked you about your parents, yet you’ve never told me anything about them”

“It’s not important”

“I think after the last month I deserve the title best friend” Jayden smiled. “Don’t i?”

“Yeah, you do”

“Well, why don’t I know anything about you? Outside of music and school?”

“It’s hard to talk about” Jayden said.

“Jayden” Brandon said. It’s probably the first time he’s called her by her real first name in a while. “I just want to help” Finally, Jayden broke down.

“I’m so mental because I can’t trust anyone” she said. she continued to clean up her markers and supplies. “Ever since I was a kid my friends would always tell everyone my secrets”

“Well that sucks”

“It does” she said. “When my sister attempted to kill herself, the trust issues made everything worst. I had no one to talk to, and my mom weren’t very compassionate about the whole thing. They’re the one’s that lead her to her suicide”

“Why?”

“They pressure us so much. To be smart, to be beautiful…mostly my mom, my dad isn’t in the picture anymore”

“Oh, what happened to him?”

“He left because my mom’s mental” she said. “We have a strict schedule and life. I don’t eat much, if I eat I just puke it up. We need to get straight A’s, dress perfectly and basically be fake…like Jill for example. We need to be perfect”

“Jill’s a bitch”

“I know, she wants us to be perfect, and every day it’s hell” a tear rolled down her eyes. “Because I know I’m not perfect, I’m just screaming for attention, for someone to help me out of this fuck hole!”

Brandon couldn’t even handle the situation. Watching her cry was like watching 9/11, it hurt so bad. She finally broke down, and seeing her break down wanted to make him break down, too.

Jayden cried her little heart out. “I don’t care what your mom says about you…you don’t need to be perfect her way. In my eyes, you’re perfect just the way you are” Brandon leaned in and kissed her. “You will always be perfect to me, no matter how fat or disgusting you are”

“Thanks” she finally smiled. There was an awkward silence. “That was my first kiss” she said. Brandon kissed her again.