Sequel: Secrets

We Are Young

Christian

“I want him” Kaci said. “I want him so bad…I’ll ruin his relationship with skanky Maria”

“Kaci” Lindsey started. “Maybe you should just…” Kaci interrupted her.

“I can’t help but love him…we’ve spent a majority of his senior year together, and I know I’ve made it worth it!” Kaci wanted to tear up. “Maybe if he knew I wasn’t all sex”

“Kaci” Lindsey held Kaci’s shoulders back. “Maybe you should just move on…you’ve fucked a lot of guys before, some of them repeatedly like Christian. Maybe the best thing to do is move on to the next one”

Kaci shook her head. “No. NO LINDSEY!” she exclaimed. “I’m not giving up, I’ve never given up on anyone, especially you...and I’m not giving up on him either”

Kaya and Alice watched Kaci’s mental break down from across the hall. “She’s mental” Alice said. “I like mental people”

“We’re all a little insane” Kaya said. “Going here for so long, you loose yourself. You loose who you are” she explained. Steve walked by. “You loose faith in reality and become submerged in your dreams”

Alice hugged Kaya. “Don’t give up hope, yet” then Alice thought about it. She crossed the hallway and went up to Kaci. “Don’t give up hope” she told Kaci. “If anyone can get what they want…it’s you” Kaci half smiled. “No offense, but you’re like a major slut…so stealing boyfriends…it’s kind of your thing” Kaci laughed.

“It is”

Lindsey still wasn’t sure about this.



Christian kissed Maria on the cheek. “You’re adorable” he whispered in her ear.

“Thank you” she giggled back. Christian saw Kaci headed his way from the corner of his eye.

“I’ll talk to you later…ok?” Christian walked away quickly; he didn’t wait for Maria to say anything back. He didn’t want to talk to Kaci; he couldn’t ever talk to her. He was in too deep with her, he really liked her, and he knew he couldn’t date her.

Because Kaci was one of those girls, the untouchables. The girl you know is going to cheat on you and break your heart. Heart break wasn’t worth it.

Kaci sighed. “Where’d Christian go?” she asked Maria.

“I don’t know, said he had to go” Maria said. there was a slight awkward silence between them. Maria and Kaci were never friends…well, they were but when Maria started to date Christian she ended it. Maria knew about the fling they had, and she didn’t want Kaci ruining their blossoming relationship. “I know what you did with Christian…hell, fucking, hell, the whole fucking school knows you fucked him for most of the school year” Maria said. “I don’t want you talking to him, or even looking at him again, and me too” she said. “He’s mine”

“Too bad” Kaci said. “I just wanted to warn you about something…but it’s not worth it” Kaci started to walk away. Maria pulled her back.

“Warn me about what?”

“No, you said not to talk to you again…so it’s nothing” Kaci continued walking. Maria jumped out in front of her.

“Tell me…now”

“I just wanted to slap that mother fucker in the face…he gave me syphilis” Kaci lied. Kaci continued to walk away. Maria was in shock.

Kaci smiled as she heard Maria panicking from behind her. Alice was right, stealing boyfriends, it was kind of her thing.



“How much do you like her?” Zack asked Christian.

“Not much…if I’m being honest. But I didn’t like any of my exes when I first started dating them” Christian said.

“Well…excuse my language” Brandon started. “But you’re a fucking dumb ass” Christian was sort of offended. “You don’t fucking like Maria, you like Kaci…in fact, you’re in love with Kaci, but you don’t want her because you’re afraid of love. You date the girls you have no chemistry with so you don’t get heart broken over them” Brandon said. It finally felt good to tell it to his face.

Christian didn’t respond. “And now you’re dragging Maria into your sick world…she’s a nice girl” Zack said. “She doesn’t deserve this”

“Jokes on you” Christian said. “I actually like Maria” he lied. “And I’m putting one-hundred percent into our relationship” Brandon sighed.

Zack continued to pick at his lunch. “So, I heard you have syphilis” Zack said. Christian jumped out of his seat.

“What?”

“I heard you gave Kaci syphilis” Christian looked across the lunch room, when he saw Kaci, he ran across the room as fast as he could.

“You stupid bitch!” Christian exclaimed. Most of the lunch room got dead silent. Kaci got out of her seat.

“What are you talking about?”

“You told everyone I gave you syphilis!” he exclaimed. “I wore a condom everytime we had sex!” Maria got out of her seat and walked a cross the lunch room. “There’s a reason I’m not dating you” he said. “You’re ridiculous, you drag drama into your world. You create drama and you make your life more difficult!” Christian exclaimed. “You’re just another stupid slut!” Kaci stood there, paralyzed, embarrassed. “Don’t ever talk to me again” he muttered before leaving the lunch room.

Kaci wanted to burst into tears, but she couldn’t there. Lindsey stood up on the lunch table.

“Nothing to see here!” she exclaimed. Everyone got super loud again. She jumped off the table and took Kaci’s hand. She led her outside. Kaci cried her little eyes out.

Alice and Kaya looked at each other. “Nice advise, Alice” Kaya muttered. “That’s like level 10 public humiliation” Alice didn’t respond. “I can’t ask out Steve knowing there’s a huge chance the same will happen to me”



Christian trotted into his house. He threw his back pack on the ground and flung himself onto the couch.

“Where’s the fucking remote?!” he exclaimed. “Great” he sat there in silence, looking up at the ceiling.

His dog, Remix, a black lab, ran into the living room holding the remote in his mouth.

“Thanks Remix” he said. he took the remote, but he didn’t turn the TV on. “You know, Remix…Brandon’s right” he started. “I’m so afraid of being heart broken. People say it sucks. Fuck, Steve Loren got a tattoo of his ex-girlfriend, the one he thought he was in love with. Then they broke up and he had to get it painfully removed. I don’t want to end up like that” Christian said. “I like Kaci…a lot, she’s amazing, but I don’t want to end up broken like Steve” Remix turned his head to look at Christian. “You’re right, Remix…I fucking love her”

He muttered again. “I fucking love that girl”