Sequel: Secrets

We Are Young

Liv

Liv smiled at the camera. “It’s winter carnival week everyone” she said. “I’m the junior class president, Olivia Henderson and I’m extremely excited for what the juniors have planned this year. “We’ll go down as the first class in twenty years to beat the seniors…I know we can do it. Go juniors!” she smiled.

“Ok, cut” Dylan said. “Good job” Liv stood up and went in serious mode. “Too bad the seniors are going to kick the juniors asses!” Liv ignored him and headed into the conference room.

“Ok” Liv said. She looked over at the room of people. Her 3 other officers, a couple random people and a teacher advisor. “I’m new at this, planning and picking people for teams” she sat down. “But my dad’s in the army…he’s an officer, and if there’s anything I learned, it’s to have strategies” she opened a notebook. “I have many ideas”



“Liv better have some creative ways to beat those fucking seniors” Lindsey said. she opened her locker. “What’s wrong Kaci…are you still depressed about Christian?” Kaci nodded. “Dude, it’s been a few weeks now, he hasn’t made any attempts to talk so you know he doesn’t care…I told you to just move on”

“It’s hard when your in love with someone”

“You barely know him” Lindsey spat, she immediately regretted it when Kaci walked away. She sighed. She would let her blow off some steam for a while.

Jill walked up to Lindsey. “Lindsey, how long have Lauren and Zack been dating now?” Lindsey shrugged. “Lauren’s your sister!” Jill exclaimed.

“Step sister” Lindsey emphasized. “I really don’t care, all I hear all the time is Zack having sex with her, it’s annoying as fuck” she smiled to herself. “I’m pretty sure that’s a pun…I make myself laugh” Jill rolled her eyes.

Jill headed down the hall. She had to turn back. She saw Zack and Lauren together and it just made her angry. She still wanted him, badly.

Kaya came up from behind her. “I still think you should go over there and tell him how you feel” Kaya said.

“No” Jill said quickly.

“If you don’t…I will” Kaya started walking. Jill followed her. “Lauren, GTFO” Lauren walked away. “Zackary, as your neighbor, I love you, you’re my friend now that you let me spy on you and Steve…but I need to tell you something very important’ Kaya acknowledged to Jill. “This girl is fucking insanely in love with you, and it’s killing her inside…I know you like her back, so the both of you, stop being douche bags and kiss it out.”

Zack and Jill stood there for a second. Zack moved in for a hug, but it turned into a passionate kiss. Kaya smiled. She did a nice thing.

Liv passed by the three of them in the halls. “Guess what Kaya, I got you into painting the mural. Put those artistic skills to work” Kaya smiled. Liv walked down the hall, she was trying to tell everyone what event they were in before it actually happened.

She passed Taylor last to her locker. “Hey” she started.

“Hey” he said.

“As requested, I got you into the musical chairs…don’t let me down” Liv smiled before walking away. Taylor smirked.

“She likes you man” Taylor’s friend, Dakota said. “She wouldn’t put you in unless she liked you” Taylor bit his lip.

“You better be right”



Steve looked at Kaya from across the math room. “I can’t do this” he told Dylan. “This is so wrong it makes me twitch!”

“Steve, the rules are simple. If the seniors win, I have to ask Kaya out, if the juniors win, you have to ask her out”

“I know, I know” Steve said. “It’s pretty obvious the juniors are going to win…and I don’t want to ask her out on a dare, if she finds out it’ll be devastating” Dylan laughed hysterically.

“No, no, no, my brother, the juniors aren’t winning” Steve read into that comment a little more then he should have.

Obviously, Dylan likes Kaya, and he was confident the seniors would win so he could ask her out. Steve smirked.

“Whatever you say, bro”



Liv walked into the gym that afternoon. The gym was full of the four classes different colors. The freshmen were pink, the sophomores red, the juniors green and the seniors blue.

Liv felt at home when she saw all the green. Almost everyone was wearing it. Just perfection.

The first event of the afternoon was tug of war. It was very suspenseful, and of course Liv was failing as the planning genius. Their tug of war team came dead last, being the tiny freshman.

“Fuck” Liv cursed. “This isn’t going to be a fun week” Taylor was standing behind her. He wanted to help her in some kind of way.

The next event was dodgeball, and one again, the juniors barely came away with points. They came in third place behind the sophomores. The seniors won dodgeball, the sophomores won the tug of war. The best part was winning school color day, the dress up days are more points, so winning that kept them in the lead.



“I have to say, Liv’s strategy is sort of working” Kaya said. They were looking up at the stars in Kaya’s back yard like most nights. “If we keep wining the dress up days and we win a few events here and there…we won’t be stopped”

“I feel bad for Liv” Alice said. “If we lose she won’t be reelected”

“Yeah, she’s doing quite good” Kaya said. “She’s raised so much money for prom, our tickets are already thirty bucks”

“she’s made so many presidential records, but people only care about Winter Carnival”

“I don’t blame them, we’ll go down in history”



The second day of winter carnival was even more stressful. Liv and most of the junior class was losing their voices.

The events of the day were soccer and basketball half court free throws. Liv watched in terror the whole time, she screamed when something good happened, and cried when something band happened.

All in all, the juniors came second in soccer behind the seniors and second in the half court throws behind the sophomores. Not too shabby.



“Keep up the consistent work, juniors” Liv said on the midday report. “Only 3 days left, I know we can keep our lead!” Dylan smirked.

“Don’t plan on winning” Dylan said as he cut the camera.

“I think I know why you want the seniors to win so much” Liv said. “Not only for pride but because you made a dare with Steve that you would ask Kaya out if the seniors win…” Dylan didn’t say anything. “I hear things” she said. “I don’t want you going out with Kaya, so plan on having your ass kicked’ Liv left the media room. Dylan sighed.



“I have it all planned out” Liv said to Brianna. She was at home making new plans. She coughed a few times.

“You’re losing your voice” Brianna said.

“I know” Liv squeaked. “But the rest of the week is completely perfection. We can’t lose anything tomorrow, and on Thursday it’ll be hard, but we have a pretty good hockey team…Friday’s the hardest day, but all we need to worry about is basketball. We have the fastest and smallest people for the shoe find and musical chairs” Brianna stared at her friend.

Brianna got up and collected her things. “Dude, sleep…PLEASE!”

“Why?”

“You look like a fucking disaster. Winter Carnival’s important to us, I know, but if you don’t chill you’re going to lose your voice and maybe an appendage” Liv smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow” Brianna left. Liv stared at her dry erase boards with all her plans. She smirked as an idea popped in her head.



The next day of the week, Wednesday, Liv had completely lost her voice, but she had a plan. She brought in her dry erase board to communicate with the teams and the class.

During the afternoon she wrote down chants to start, and she wrote down little encouragements.

The one mile race was the first competiton. The juniors sadly lost and came in second behind the sophomores, which wasn’t expected, but the sophomores were behind by about 100 points so it didn’t matter.

The academic challenge was next, and they had the smartest people ready for any questions. And they didn’t fail, they won that event, too.

Adding to that, they won mis-match day to make it all better, that kept them fifteen points ahead of the seniors.



“Ok, Olivia Henderson for reelection everyone!” Taylor exclaimed. “She has it all figured out. Two days left and we can’t lose!”

Dakota jumped up and touched the ceiling, he had so much energy. “I’m so excited…if we win, I’ll totally vote Liv for president again…she deserves it”

“She’s just brilliant” Taylor said. “Truly magnificent…how can someone overcome all the negativity towards the juniors to come through like this?”

“I don’t know, Liv’s a tough cookie, though. She can do anything” Taylor smiled.

“I want to give her a reason to date me” Taylor said. “She will like me”



Christian sat in his room on the third day of winter carnival, contemplating suicide. Not in reality, though. He hated himself, he wanted to tell Kaci he loved her so badly, but he actually liked Maria a little bit, and respected her as a person.

Remix jumped on Christian’s bed and curled up besides him. “If I don’t tell someone I like her…I’m going to explode!” he exclaimed. “And you don’t count, you’re not a person” Remix whined. “Sorry, buddy”

He called Brandon. Brandon had Christian figured out already, anyways. “Hey Bee” Christian started.

“Hey what’s up…are you depressed about winter carnival, too?”

“No, I’m just depressed” Christian said. “I love Kaci…I really fucking love her”

“Then tell her”

“How? I completely fucking embarrassed her in front of most of the school. She won’t forget that”

“She likes you, too, so maybe she will”

“I just…I’ve never felt this way before, and it’s killing me inside”

“Just tell her” Christian swallowed hard. “The worst thing she can do is reject you…and let’s be honest, she’s the school slut there’s a 99 percent chance she’ll reject you”

Christian sighed. “I can’t talk about this anymore” he admitted. “it makes me more depressed and scared”

“Well, let’s talk about winter carnival”

“No, that makes me depressed too”

“No kidding”



“Fourth day of winter carnival” Liv said over the midday report. “Give me a reason to smile, juniors. We are five more events and two more days away from victory!” she exclaimed. “I hope I see all you brilliant people in pajama’s today and our class color, green, tomorrow” she smiled. Dylan turned the camera off.

Liv stood up. “So, you still have hope Kaya can be yours?” she asked him.

“Shut the fuck up”

“I know you like her, it’s so fucking obvious. In middle school, guys tortured girls if they liked them…you like her, just admit it”

“Yeah, I like a total freak like Kaya”

“How would you feel if I told her you called her a freak?” Liv asked with a smile on her face.

Dylan didn’t respond. He just stared into Liv’s soul.

“I can make things happen…I won’t guarantee the seniors will win, I’m not even at all sure they will win. But I know Kaya really well and she’s a sweet heart, I’ll make sure Steve falls in love with her” she said. Dylan continued to stare at her. “All Kaya has to be is herself…isn’t that how you fell in love with her?” Liv left the room. Dylan pushed everything off the closest counter and flung everything across the room. He let out a big scream as well.



After school Liv was once again using her white board. She wasn’t supposed to be talking at all, but she didn’t want to let her class down by not giving a pep talk before the events.

The events that day were the relay race and hockey. Oh, and also pajama day, but they already won that.

‘I want to make this a green day’ Liv wrote on her white board. She held it up for the class to see. Then everyone started to chant ‘Juniors! Juniors!’ repeatedly until floor hockey started.

When the hockey matches started, the juniors beat the freshmen and then they beat the seniors and then they beat the sophomores, coming in first. Everyone was cheering for the boy who scored the first and only goal in the match against the seniors.

Taylor could see it in Liv’s behavior. If he wanted to date Liv, he needed to win an event for the juniors. And it just so happens he’s in the last event of the entire competition.



Jill and Zack held hands on their way to the gym for the last day of winter carnival. They passed by Liv who was calming down outside for a bit.

“Good luck” Jill told her.

“I’m not in any events’ Liv said.

“I know, but you’re the drive behind us, so I might as well wish you good luck” Liv smiled.

“Thanks Jill” Jill and Zack walked off. Liv sighed. She wanted something to smoke so bad. She’s never smoked before, but she’s watched Jayden do it all the time and it seemed enjoyable.

“If we don’t win, I’ll watch Kaya date Dylan, the entire class hate me, and social isolation for the rest of my high school career” she told herself. “Yeah, now I know how it feels like to have the whole world on my shoulders” she sighed. “But I’m stronger than that…I’m a fighter and I plan on fighting” she said. “I plan on destroying the seniors”

She went back inside of the school.



The last day of winter carnival was stressful. The first two events, were intense because the juniors came second to the seniors each one. The show find and the basketball match.

Then during musical chairs, the last event of the day, of the week, the juniors pulled through.

Taylor was on the team, and he was the last one for the juniors, and Dylan was the last one for the seniors.

It was intense, Taylor thought Dakota was going to last, but Dylan literally sat on him.

When the song started, Taylor literally stared into Dylan’s soul. They were both fighting for a girl, that was sad. In the end, Taylor was fast, he put his butt first and took the seat before Dylan knew the music ended. Taylor won, and it was so shocked.

“Holy shit” he muttered. Liv jumped from the stands, along with the other juniors. Liv was the first person to hug Taylor when he got back to their bleachers.

“I think it’s pretty obvious who won this” a teacher said over the microphone. The juniors screamed. “In fourth place with a score of 200.54 points, the freshman! In third place with a score of 205.40 points, the sophomores! In second place with 250.62 points….” The teacher took a pause, he did that everyday when announcing the scores. “THE SENIORS! He exclaimed. The juniors all screamed at the top of their lungs. “And in first place, winning winter carnival over the seniors for the first time since 1992…with a score of 255.23 points…THE JUNIORS!” the juniors got super loud, then they all went onto the gym floor to mosh.

The seniors did the same thing. So there you have, in the middle of the gym, a giant mosh pit of juniors and seniors. The juniors were excited and the seniors were pissed because the scores weren’t fixed in their favor.

So let’s just say the seniors were throwing punches and the juniors were getting trampled, but in the mix of all that. Liv and Taylor were standing by the bleachers.

“Is winning Winter Carnival a good reason to date me, now?” Taylor asked. Liv smiled. She kissed him gently on the lips.

“Does that answer your question?” she asked. Taylor leaned in and kissed her again.

It’s beautiful how something so gorgeous like high school romance can come out of such a violent scene.



That night, Liv through the biggest party in the history of all parties. She knew it was a bad idea, the seniors were pissed and they definitely wanted to kill someone, but it was a lot of fun.

Liv made out with Taylor in her room while Brianna controlled the party downstairs. And when I say control I mean she got totally wasted.

She wasn’t the only one.



There was Dylan, he was there with Steve who was chatting it up with girls. Dylan didn’t want to be there, everyone was talking about how the juniors ruled. Dylan wanted to kill himself knowing he couldn’t go out with Kaya, now. Liv was right, Steve was going to fall in love with Kaya.



Brandon and Jayden were making out. On the couch. “Wanna go further?” Brandon asked. Jayden ignored him and kissed him. “Did you hear me?” he asked again.

“Go further as in what?” she asked.

“Sex” he pulled out a condom. “I’m very prepared”

“Maybe some other time. Can’t I just enjoy this?” she asked. Brandon smirked, they continued to make out.



Kaci sat on the kitchen floor. She downed another beer. Lindsey finally found her. “Kaci!” she exclaimed. She helped Kaci off the floor and leaned her against the counter to stand up, she was completely shit faced, like stupid faced, for real.

“I’m going to get you home” Lindsey said.

“NO! I want to see Christian!” Kaci exclaimed.

“Kace, you can see Christian tomorrow when your sober” Lindsey said. “But right now you’re going insane” Lindsey laughed as she pulled Kaci outside.

Dakota was waiting for Lindsey so they could hook up. “Ready?” Dakota asked. “Why are we brining Kaci?”

“we just need to drop her off at home, she likes like 4 houses down from mine, it’ll be quick”

“Ok”

Dakota, Lindsey and Kaci got in Dakota’s car. Dakota drove for all of 5 minutes before the three beers in his system kicked in. He was swerving and driving out of control, then all of a sudden he hit a guard rail and the car rolled down a small hill, but landed upside down.

Kaci wasn’t wearing her seat belt, she was passed out in the back seat. She died that night.



Dylan looked over at Kaya in the corner with Alice and some other friends. “I’ll give you until the time I graduate…that’s in about two months” Dylan said. “If you don’t ask her out within two months, you lose and you have to buy me 40 quids worth of weed”

“Dyl, we’re not in England, I have no idea what quids are”

“Well, I saw it in Skins” Dylan said.

“I’ll ask her out” Steve said. “I’m not a pussy I’m not going to lose this dare” he said. “But I need some time…I atleast need to like her a little bit” Dylan had everything planned out, he was going to make Kaya hate Steve. He was going to tell Kaya about their dare right before the date, and then Kaya would run into Dylan’s arms and everything would be good in the world.

“Thinking about it still makes me sick to my stomach”

“Knowing the juniors beat us in winter carnival makes me sick to my stomach” Dylan said. “But I’m still functioning well”

“I’m sorry but I have a little more of a conscious” Steve muttered. There was a slight awkward silence before Steve asked: “What’s 40 quids anyways?”

“Like 63 bucks in dollars”

“Oh, that’s a lot of weed”

“Sort of, after this week, I want to get high as a mother fucker”

“You only live once” Steve said.

“That’s the motto…”

“YOLO!”


Brandon pulled himself over Jayden and kissed her all over. He reached his hands up her spine and unclasped her bra.

“This is going too far” Jayden said. she sat up on the bed. “I just really cant—“

“Come on, Jay” Brandon groaned. “We’ve been dating for so long” Jayden shook his head. “You’ve given me nothing”

“Some relationships aren’t about sex, there about emotional attachments”

“I am emotionally attached…now I want to be physically attached” he tried to kiss her again but Jayden pushed his face away.

“I don’t want to have sex” Jayden told him. “I don’t, I don’t, I don’t!”

“Well…I want to have sex, so we need to meet somewhere in the middle” Jayden got off the bed and adjusted herself and her bra.

“No means no, Bran” Jayden said. Brandon put his shirt back on.

“If you don’t want to have sex, then we can’t be together…pick one” Jayden stared into Brandon. She was good at that, staring at people. She was not only heart broken but pissed. Why would she make him pick? Did he think she would choose sex over breaking up?

“I know what you’re thinking I’ll choose” Brandon took off his shirt again. “I’m sorry, but I’m not ready to loose my virginity” she left the room. Brandon threw himself down on the bed.

“Fuck”