Sequel: Secrets

We Are Young

Zack

“Our first public outing will be to homecoming” Jill told Zack. “We’ll look cute, dance, and maybe a few cheek kisses, then I’m thinking a week late we’ll break up”

“Ok” Zack said.

“I already know a few girls who want to date you

“really?”

“Yeah, just look at me, I’m beautiful, there’s obviously something I like about you or I wouldn’t be dating you…girls’ like boys more when they’re dating someone else”

“Thanks”

“No, you saved me from being raped…don’t ever thank me…I need to thank you, for life” Zack and Jill smiled at each other. The moment ended when it felt too…personal.

“Well, I’m wearing a killer dress, it’s purple, so dress accordingly” she left the class room. Zack sighed. They got really close, like best friends close. Zack couldn’t help but feel something more there.



Zack picked Jill up a half hour after the dance started. he was wearing a purple button up shirt with black dress pants and kicks. He rung the doorbell.

Jill answered the door in a skin tight purple dress with sequins all over it. “How do I look?” she asked.

“Amazing” he said.

“Come on” Zack took his hand and dragged him out to his older brother’s car.



When they arrived they went straight to the dance floor. They danced it up for a while before sitting outside to rest.

“Are you having fun?” Zack asked her.

“Yeah, I’m glad I came with you” they both smiled at each other. “I probably wouldn’t have asked anyone if we weren’t fake dating, anyways”

“Why not, you’re Jillian Steinfield, the hottest girl in the junior class”

“I may be hot, but I’m not that secure with myself…I don’t want to be rejected. I’ve seen my friends get rejected by boys, and it hurts, it looks so painful”

Zack shrugged. “Rejection is apart of life”

“Well if you want my life to be 60 years shorter then average people’s lives, then rejection isn’t apart of life…I don’t want to be hurt”

Just then, just her talking to him seriously, instead of like an arrogant snob, that made Zack happy. He felt like he was a lot closer with her then ever. He could definitely feel something there.

Jill wanted to cry. “My mom told me boys don’t want to date people who are not confident with themselves, this is why I act confident and stuff” she wiped her eyes. “So boys would want to date me more…but all the boys think I’m some snob!” she busted into tears. Zack awkwardly put his arm around her and held her close. “I just want to have a real boyfriend…I want to love!”

Jill controlled her tears. She told Maria who she wanted to date, someone funny and sweet. Looking at how attentive Zack was, and how he held her made her believe he was going to be her first love.