Sequel: Secrets

We Are Young

Jill

“So you’re not actually dating Zack?” Maria asked. “Then what have you been doing all this time?”

“Fake dating him to get him a girlfriend. Girls will want to date him if their jealous I have him…no one thinks I’m good enough”

“And this has been going on for three months?” Maria asked. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because we’re breaking up and you tell everyone everything”

“Good point” Maria said. “But…you guys seemed so close at Homecoming, do you want to date him?”

“I have to…he found a new girl” Jill sighed. “It’s unfortunate because I actually have real feelings for him”

Maria smiled. “That’s so sweet…maybe you should just tell him how you feel”

“No, he deserves this girl”

“What’s her name?”

“Lauren Perry”

“THAT SLUTTY FRESHMAN? NO! OH HELL NO!” Maria exclaimed. The hall way got extremely quiet. “She’s all wrong for him”

“I know, but this is our agreement, I found him a girlfriend. She hates me and she likes him and he likes her”

“She only likes him because you do…she loves to spite you. Everything you do she tries to do better”

“I’m a junior in high school and she’s a freshman…how is she better then me?”

Maria shrugged. “I just know you need to tell Zack how you feel before he makes a huge mistake. She’s just going to break his heart. And if people know she dumped him he’ll back at point A”

“Your right”



Jill changed her relationship status that night. It was sad, but it was over. Jill didn’t know how to tell Zack she liked him. He already had a date with Lauren that night, it was over.



Jill was trying on clothes in a store when she burst into tears. She just wanted Zack, she just wanted Zack.

Kaya heard crying from one of the dressing rooms. She works at a forever 21 and was in charge of putting the clothes that people don’t buy away.

“Are you okay?” Kaya asked from the outside.

Jill wiped her face. “I’m fine” she muttered.

“Do you want to talk?” she asked.

Jill sniffled. “The guy I likes, likes someone else, and I can’t have him because I set him up with the girl. He’s the only one that has ever made me feel special about myself”

“Well, just tell him how you feel” Kaya said. “At least if you tell him, you can get that off your chest” Jill opened the door. Kaya smiled.

“Please don’t tell anyone” Jill said.

“I won’t, promise” they both smiled. “Who’s the guy anyways?”

“Zack”

“Aren’t you guys dating”

“We’ve been fake dating so I can find him a girlfriend” Jill replied. “And now I miss hanging out with him”

“It won’t hurt to tell him how you feel and why you feel like that” Jill smiled and hugged Kaya.

“Thanks a bunch”

“No problem”

“I owe you for sure—do you have a date to prom yet?” Kaya shook her head.

“I don’t think I’m going”

“I’ll change that’ Jill picked up her things and walked away.