I Beg Don't Leave Me

Chapter 2

Matt opened the door and his eyes immediately went to the woman that was laying on the bed with a book. He shut and locked the door behind him, causing her head to snap up to look at him. Her eyes narrowed into slits when she saw him leaning against the door.

“What the fuck are you doing here!?” She demanded as she got to her feet and marched over to him.

“I came to talk to you.” Matt responded calmly.

Mackenzie shook her head in anger. “Well, I don’t want to talk to you.” She spat as she moved away from him and turned her back.

“Please Mackenzie.” He moved closer to her. “Just let me explain and then if you never want to talk to me again, I will leave you alone for good.”

Mackenzie didn’t know what to do. She loved Matt with everything in her heart and she wanted to know the truth. But she didn’t know if she would be able to handle the truth. She didn’t want to leave Matt, but… she just didn’t know what to do. She let out a sigh before moving over to the bed and sitting down. She leaned against the headboard and looked up at him.

She could see the sorrow that was in his eyes. Matt was one of those guys who never wore his heart on his sleeve. He kept everything locked up inside and didn’t let anybody in. Well, everyone except Mackenzie.

Mackenzie sight and continued to look into his eyes. “Okay. What did you have to say so bad?” She questioned. “That everything that I read and saw online was a lie.” She said snarkly.

Matt shifted on his feet and looked down. “It was all a lie.” He looked up as she scuffed. “Kenz…” He took a step forward. “You know me. You know that if I ever did something that would hurt you or something that you would disapprove of…” He moved over and sat on the end of the bed. “You know I would tell you right away.” He replied looking deeply into her eyes trying to make her see the truth.

“You would keep if you cheated on me a secret.” Mackenzie snapped. “You would not tell me the truth.”

Matt shook his head in disagreement. “No, I wouldn’t. I would tell you.” He scooted closer. “Even if it hurt you, I would tell you. The truth is always better than keeping a secret.”

Mackenzie could see in his eyes that he was telling the truth. But she still didn’t know what to do. Tears make their way down her cheeks as she continued to think of whether she should be with him or not.

“Look…” Matt looked down at his hands. “I know you may not want to be with me anymore. And if that is all it will take to make you happy… then so be it.” He looked up at her and saw her crying.

Matt frowned and reached over and wiped them away with his thumb. “Why would you give me up that easily? Why would you just give up if you love me as much as I know you do?” She mumbled out.

Matt smiled at her and continued to stroke her cheek. “Because I know that sometimes being with me is hard to do. And if it would make you happy to not be with me anymore and not have to deal with the stress of me being gone all the time. Then I would let you go.” He explained as best as he could.

“You would do that for me?” She looked up at him shocked. “You would give up you happiness for me?”

Matt nodded his head. “Yeah, I would.” He rolled his eyes and chuckled a bit. “I know this is gonna make me sound cheesy but… so what if I never hold you or kiss your lips again. But I really don’t wanna leave you. We have so many memories together.” He looked at her. “So I beg don’t leave me.”

Mackenzie let out a laugh and grabbed one of his hands and started to play with his fingers before looking into his eyes. “Did you really just quote ‘Seize the Day’?” She questioned while laughing.

“Yeah, I guess I did.” He said looking down at their connected hands. “The truth is… I don’t want to let you go. But I would anything for you.”

Mackenzie let out a sigh and continues to play with his fingers. Her eyes began to wander, until they caught sight of a crumpled piece of paper sticking out of his back pocket. She leaned over and pulled it out. When the paper came free from his pocket, a ring fell onto the bed. She let out a gasp and picked in up. She twirled it around in her fingers as more tears came to her eyes. She missed having the ring on her finger. She looked up at Matt and saw him looking down at the ring with sadness in his eyes.

“Do you promise that nothing happened?” She asked quietly.

“I promise. You know that you can trust me Kenzie. I love you too much to ever lose you.” Matt replied sincerely.

Mackenzie knew that she could trust Matt. And she knew that he loved her. And she knew that she loved him too. She was not ready to lose him now.

“Can you put this back on for me?” She said gaining his attention. He looked shocked when she motioned to the ring. He looked into her eyes and saw that she was smiling. “It’s the right way to do it, don’t you think?”

Matt nodded and took the ring from her and slid in back on her finger, before pulling her into a hug and kissing her neck. “I’ve missed you so much.” He mumbled into her neck.

“I missed you too. And I am so sorry. I’m sorry for believing those lies.” She said to him.

“It’s not your fault.”

Matt pulled back and pulled Mackenzie into a passionate kiss. Mackenzie’s arms wrapped around his neck and she pulled him so that he was leaning over her as she laid down.

“I love you.” She said to his while looking into his eyes.

“I love you too.” Matt responded before kissing her again.

They continued to kiss passionately and the kiss started to get heated. Clothes suddenly were being thrown all around the room and soon the two of them were making love for the first time in months.

As they laid together cuddled under the blankets and into each other, Mackenzie let out a laugh.

“What is it?” Matt asked as he kissed her bare shoulder.

“I guess what they say about make-up sex is true.”

“Oh yeah. And what’s that?” He chuckled.

Mackenzie looked at him over her shoulder. “It’s the best kind of sex.”

They both laughed before getting caught up in a kiss, which led them to round two and three and so on.