Status: ongoing

A Love Joke

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"if there is something wrong with not dating or finding men attractive then I can say eating a hamburger is equally as ridiculous!" I glared as I spoke at three familiar faces that looked like they might be turning blue holding their breath and not because they were scared or trying not to laugh but because they were competing over who could hold their breath the longest, yeah, they weren't even actually listening to me. pretty much..

finally my mom couldn't hold her breath any longer gave up breathing very loudly and said, "getting old just sucks!" to which both my siblings laughed. realizing they had let go of their breath too, they immediately turned to mom and whined, "mom!!! that's so not fair I was so gonna kick his/her ass!!" to which my mom just grinned.

and then me, realizing they were completely unaware of me standing in front of them trying to put some actual adult thinking into their head raised my voice above average and said, "WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP IT!!" and they finally turned, "yeah sera?"

"I'm trying to tell you that it wasn't fair of you guys to print my name on the magazine!!"

"umm… yeah. you kinda told us that already…" stephen said to me as if I had been telling them Aaron Samuels was a mean guy since the second grade.... but anyways, he was, that is, Aaron samuels. God, how i hated it when he used to follow me home with his gang and spoke about me when i was 1 feet before him, acting as if i wasn't alive.

"but you weren't listening! I mean, how could you guys do it? register me for matchmakers magazine? you even gave them my picture!"

"well….there will be more proposals when they see your picture, right? that was my idea." my mom said it in a matter-of-fact way and she actually sounded proud when she said it was her idea!

"MOM! haven't you been listening to me? I don’t like it! no wait… I hate it! okay? couldn't you think of calling me and asking for my permission?"

"well, actually it was supposed to be a surprise…."

"what makes you think I would be pleased with it? I told you, I am not a lesbian!"

"well, you did but a mother does worry, you know…"

"well, I'm not! and what is wrong with me not dating? and you know what? if you're so worried about me not nailing a guy, screw you! i can get millions!"

"well, we just-"

"honey you're home!" my dad's voice came from the door and immediately everyone turned to look at him. bad timing, dad!!!

after hugging him, I pushed his shoulders down so he could sit down on the couch, "dad? you knew about it didn't you?"

after a certain guilty look I've seen a gazzilion times passed his worn out face he looked at me and smiled 'that' smile which says im-so-sorry-but-shes-your-mom. and I sighed. what could I do now? the damage was done. and if I did get any calls I knew it was time I got a new number.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short :(