You Put the Truth Back in My Smile

Charlie Night is known to the world as Charlotte Night, the author of the somewhat racy teen series 'Scandalous Scholastics'. Thanks to her manager Cleo the face she shows to the world is one of a quiet and somewhat demure girl from a higher end of town.

However once she's out of sight of Cleo and back among her best friend Aimee and her cousin James she's a totally different person.

In real life Charlie is a loud and opinionated rocker who was born to a working class family and loves writing horror novels. She wears black, has tattoos and gauges and would rather wear a pair of beat up Converse over stiletto heels any day. This is the side to her that Cleo fears will get out to the world and the one that she forces Charlie to hide.

After 3 years of it all Charlie is starting to feel restless in her role as 'Charlotte' and is weary of writing shallow novels for even shallower teen girls. She wants to be Charlie and write the stories about the night creatures that she grew up reading herself.

Will a chance encounter with one of the members of her favorite bands help her finally help her break away from Charlotte? Or will it just cause more problems in her life?