Status: Okay... So this is on hiatus- until I finish most of my other stories

30 Day Songfic Challenge

Day 1: The One That Got Away-Katy Perry

“Why do you need to go? Why?” Jack yelled at the light brown haired boy.

“Jack, please understand,” Alex started.

“No Alex! You understand! Answer My Question!” Jack retorted.

“Shh... Jack, Just calm down,” Alex spread his arms out for a hug.

“Fuck you, Alex,” Jack pushed him away and stormed to his room. The boy sighed as he sat down on the couch in the living room. He buried his face in his hands. This is not how he imagined this conversation to go.

“I should fix this.” he stood up and decided to sort everything out. Alex knocked lightly on Jack’s bedroom door.

“What?” Jack’s voice was muffled.

“Jack, Please let me explain everything.” Alex begged.

“Fuck off,” was the reply.

“Jacky... please.”

“What?” Jack snapped opening the door a bit.

“Jack? Can I come in?”

“If you insist.” Jack rolled his eyes and let Alex come in. Jack clambered up onto his bed, pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them.

“Jack- just hear me out. It’s only gonna be for 6 months. Then I’ll be back.” Alex explained.

“Yeah 6 months is forever.” Jack mumbled.

“It’ll fly by- I’ll come back home and everything will be back to normal.” Alex put his hand
on Jack’s hand.

“But Why? Why can’t you just get a normal job, go volunteer at like the animal shelter or something.” Jack grumbled.

“Because I always wanted to do this. And it’s only 6 months,”

“You clearly don’t care about me. What if you die? What if someone shoots you? And you come home dead?” Jack worried, tears slowly started to form.

“I won’t. I promise.” Alex kissed Jack’s forehead.

“But what if?” the lanky boy whimpered.

“Jack... Nothing will happen...” Alex assured the boy.
***
3 months later

“You said you’d come home alive and well!” Jack cried. The wind rustled the leaves on the trees. “You promised!” Jack yelled and kneeled on the ground and started to rip out the grass in frustration. His vision started to get blurry as he leaned his forehead against the cold stone.

Alex Gaskarth
December 14, 1987- July 18, 2012
Died in Battle- Kandahar, Afghanistan
♠ ♠ ♠
Song here
Hopefully you like it. :3'
comment, subscribe and all that jazz!
Tell me your deepest secrets and thoughts.