Status: Complete

Lo Que El Viento Se Llevo. (What the wind took)

My Only Love

The cold air chilled my body as it breezed behind my neck. My face was wet and cold with tears but I did nothing to wipe them away. I watched the stone in front of me looking at the words carved in it.

Here lies Alejandro Hernandez. We will miss you.

My love. My pain. My fault. It had been years since the case closed over his death and his murder. I had disappeared from the case but they never knew the truth. “If only I hadn’t been there then he wouldn’t have died.” My words were muted as the wind howled and the trees shook. The sky turned darker threatening to let the small drops of water fall. I kneeled in front of the stone. “I’m sorry Alejandro. Mi querido. Mi amor." I whispered my voice breaking and the tears began to fall again.

“If only I hadn’t been there. If only I hadn’t ran. If only I stayed with you in that alter.” I sobbed. “Why did you chase after me? Why didn’t you forget like I told you? I said I would see you again someday why didn’t you wait for me?” I hugged the cold stone letting wave after wave of tears fall. It’s your fault he is dead. Your fault that you were with those people. Those murderers. Those demons.

“Grab her make sure she doesn’t scream. Call Alejandro and tell him what is going on.” the man said. His voice was rough and he coughed in between words. I thrashed in his arms hoping to free myself. Alejandro? What does he have to do with this? I thought. “Alejandro. Heard you were getting married today. What happened little lady here found out you were in debt and ran away? Let her go? Well come here Alejandro. We’ll have a little talk and I will let her go.” He said chuckling. “Good be here in 10 minutes or she’s dead.” He snapped his phone close and I could feel the tears threatening to fall. I must stay strong. Alejandro will come for me and I will marry him. I thought.

I could hear a car stopping in front of the house and relieve flooded into me and my tears of happiness started to fall. Alejandro I love you I thought. My relief was washed away with horror as I watched helplessly as they beat him until I no longer heard his shouts of pain. They stopped and shot his chest walking, running away. The last man looked back at me cutting off my binds. “I never meant for this to happen.” He whispered before running as well.
I crawl towards Alejandro choking on my own tears. “Alenjandro? Alejandro?! ALEJANDRO!” I screamed. I wrapped my arms around him tightly as if that if I held him tight enough he would stay. I felt a hand on my back and a soft groan. I pulled back and watched as he struggled to breathe in my arms. “I love you. Te amo… Te amo. Yo siempre te amaré en esta vida y en la siguiente. Siempre te he amado y siempre te amare.” My tears landed softly on his face. “I love you too Alejandro. There will be no other for me than you. Te amo.” I whispered leaning down and kissing him softly. I stopped when i felt him go limp in my arms. I love you.


I cried onto his stone letting the cold rain wash over me. I could hear my phone ringing and soon it stopped. I could feel the cold wrapping its arms around me and I could see his beautiful face telling me to walk towards him. “I don’t want to be away from you anymore.” I walked into his arms pushing away the life that I dreamed to leave. “I will love you forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for a contest on Howrse. Add me if your on their too! Im on US (BulletForMyValentine) and International (iluvdachshund123) :D