Status: in progress

He's Mr. Hollywood and I'm Just Me

one.

“Now you call me if you need to talk or anything, I don’t want you feeling trapped.” My worried mother said as she hugged me tight. I hugged back. “Mom, I’ll be fine. I won’t let them push me into a corner or anything like that.” I replied, trying to reassure her that this trip wasn’t going to be as bad as she thought it would be. Sure, my mom hasn’t spoken to her parents and brother in over a year so she has every right to be worried about me travelling to visit them by myself. “Maura, she’ll be fine. She knows how to handle it. She’s not a baby anymore.” My father said to her, trying to calm her down before hugging me himself. “I’ll be fine, I promise.” I said as I hugged my dad tightly. “Okay, better get going. Call us when you land in Houston and when you land in California.” My mom said to me, handing me my laptop bag. “I will mom. Love you guys.” I said, kissing them both on the cheek before boarding the plane, finding my seat and waiting for takeoff.

4 Hours Later
I closed my eyes as the plane sped up on the runway, preparing to take off. My hands gripped the armrests as the plane began to pick up even more speed. I love flying but I am absolutely terrified by taking off and landing, doesn’t make much sense right? Yeah, I know. This is the second plane I’ve been on today, however on my first flight from New York to Houston I had fallen asleep before the plane even took off and didn’t wake up until I was shaken awake by a flight attendant. But now I was wide-awake for my flight from Houston to Long Beach, CA. My fear of take offs was getting the best of me at this point, as I was probably breathing heavily and loudly enough that someone took notice.

“Not a big fan of flying, huh?” A soft voice said. I didn’t notice someone had sat next to me. Keeping my eyes shut, I shook my head. “Flying I love; its taking off and landing that I hate.” I reply in a shaky whisper while the plane shook a bit as it lifted off the ground, causing my grip on the armrests to become tighter and me to whimper a little bit. “Hey, it’s going to be fine; open your eyes.” The voice whispered. I slowly did as I was told, turning my head towards the person speaking to me coming face to face with a boy, maybe a year older than me who had the most beautiful hazel eyes I had ever seen. “Now take my hand,” he said offering his hand to me, his eyes never once leaving mine. I take his hand, hesitating at first while we were getting higher and higher off the ground. His hand was rough and strong, and when his skin met mine a soft spark ran through my fingertips. “Just keep your eyes on me and hold my hand until it’s over.” He said with a smile as the plane shook a little more. I did as I was told, allowing myself to search this stranger's eyes; for what, I don’t know. Yet, something about them kept me yearning to know more.

It was another five to ten minutes before the plane had straightened out and we were California bound. I didn’t want to take my hand out of his but I knew he probably didn’t want to hold some freaky girl’s hand too much longer. “Thanks.” I said as my cheeks undoubtedly turned red as I take my hand from his, looking down at my lap because I could still feel his eyes on me. “No problem, I used to hate take off and landing too. By the way, my name’s Josh.” He answers. I look up to see he once again has his hand out towards me so I place my hand in his. “Ashley.” I replied, shaking his hand lightly. He flashed me another smile and I could’ve sworn I’d seen him somewhere before, but I shook that feeling away knowing it was impossible. “So what brings you to California?” he asked once he released my hand. “Visiting my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins.” I replied. He nodded as I spoke and I noticed just how cute he was. “How about you?” I asked, wondering why he’d be going to California. “Well, I’m actually going home; I’ve been away for a while.” He explained, while I nodded and yawned at the same time. “Sorry, you’re not boring me or anything, I’m just exhausted.” I said, blushing. He laughed. “It’s fine. Sleep.” He replied with a smile. I smiled back and settled back into my seat, putting one head phone in my ear as I let my music drift me to sleep.

I awoke about an hour and a half later to find that my head had landed on Josh’s shoulder and that he had also fallen asleep with his head resting on top of mine. I looked down and saw that our hands were laced together. A smile made it’s way across my face; I had only known this boy for an hour and I felt like I’ve known him for ages. I nestled closer to him and drifted back to sleep, only for the both of us to be awoken a short time later by a flight attendant saying the plane was about to land. Josh kept my hand in his and we repeated the routine we had done when the plane took off. My smile faded as the plane landed because I realized that this might be the first and only time I would see this boy. He must’ve noticed the look on my face as the plane landed. “What’s wrong?” he asked. I looked into his hazel eyes. “What if this is the only time I ever see you? I might never see you again. I’m from New York and you live out here.” I replied, looking down at my hands as the plane pulled up to the gate.

“Give me your phone.” He said to me. I took out my iPhone and unlocked it before handing it to him. He quickly typed a message and sent it before saving the number he had texted in my phone. He then checked his own phone and saved her number into it. “There, now we can talk whenever we want and hopefully we’ll see each other again.” He added with a smile. He then took a picture with my phone of the both of us smiling, setting it as his contact picture before sending the same picture to his phone for the same purpose. Josh gave me my phone before standing to retrieve his bags from the overhead compartment, also handing me mine before he walked ahead of me. “Keep in touch Ashley. It was a pleasure meeting you.” He said, giving me that handsome smile once more before he was out of my sight. I sighed as I walked off the plane and towards the terminal.

I got out of the gate and nearly dropped my bag when I heard a squeal…

“ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and let me know what you think (:

Peace & Love

Ashley[/i