Eyes Set To Kill

Chapter One

Fern and Lucian sat at the bottom of my bed, chatting away.

"Goodmorning, sunshine." Fern smiled at me when I sat up.

"Goodmorning... Where's Astrid and Cletus?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Out and about - the King sent out another fleet of men searching for you so their making sure they won't find you."

"Well, that's nothing new." I sighed. "I think we should stage my death."

"That's a good idea, but they would kill our family... Because we were the ones hiding you. Then where would you go? Anyways, me, Fern and Fawn aren't anywhere close to ending our training." Luke chimed in.

Fern, Fawn and Luke were Astrid and Cletus's children. Astrid was a make-believe seemrstress, who loved to practice in the dark art's and Cletus was once a Knight who sat at King Sterling's table. He was a genius with his sword.

Despite the fact that they - I mean we - we always running and fighting, because of me, I'm sure they loved me.

Astrid calls me, Linn - along with her children, because it's short for Aislinn. She would tell me my mother named me Aislinn because I was like a dream to her, Astrid would tell me heaps of times that I look like my mother - Esmerelda.

I never met my mother, or my father. I've been told many times that my mother was murdered for having me - because I was supposively the devil's child. I never killed anyone intentionally, unless they were an abominable person who would cause harm to others or to myself. Other then that, I never sought to do anything bad.

That's why Astrid and Cletus took a chance to protect me, because I was only a little girl, who didn't try to cause any harm.

After I was dressed, in a dress that Fern said looked raggy. I put on a red cloak over it, with a hood. Because I knew if someone saw my eyes - they would attempt to kill me.

When I was dressed, I grabbed a dagger and tucked it into my boots and headed out the door.

Venturing into the woods, Astrid would be mad if she knew I was leaving without protection - while she was out doing everything she could and I was exporing. If she could, she would probably just lock me up into a dungeon.

Running through the woods, I felt free; like a bird set free from a cage. I ended up stopping at a lake and sitting by it. I pulled down my hood from my cloak and looked at my reflection in the water. I looked tired.

Hearing sounds of leaves on the ground being crushed by horses hoves, I quickly pulled up my hood and hid behind a tree.

What I saw approach the lake, was a group of three men - all on horseback. Two men were in uniform of Knight's, but they weren't Libena's Knights - though I won't be safe, all 8 Kingdoms know I exist. The man who wasn't in the Knight uniform was handsome, dark brown hair that clung around his head, his skin was tan and he was built as if he's been training for fighting.

Being clumsy and trying to get closer, I stepped on a twig - trying to see them better.

"My Prince, I think someone's watching us." One of the Knight's pulled out a sword.

A Prince? I wonder from which Kingdom.

I pulled out my dagger from my boots, ready for selfdefense - if nessary.

"It's okay, Gunnar. No one is here. The Libenian's are forbbiden to travel here." The Prince said to his Knight.

That is true, Libenian's aren't allowed to travel here because this is Lake Lilita, named after my grandmother who was murdered here. I got closer to the Knight's and the Prince, moving swiftly and fast to a different tree - but I stepped on another twig.

"Show your self." The Knight named Gunnar said, pointing his sword directly at the tree I was hiding behind.

Clutching my dagger in my hand and making sure I hid my face, to where they only saw my curly blonde hair... I stepped out from behind the tree.

"You are in the presence of Prince Zeke from Evander, please tell us your name, show your face and tell us which Kingdom you are from." Gunnar had the sword pointing directly at my chest.

"People call me Linn and I'm from Libena." I kept my face hidden.

"Your King has forbiden your people from this lake, do you know that?" Gunnar demanded.

"King Sterling is a joke," I spat. "He killed my mother, I donnot follow his rules or commands."

"You should, it could have dire consiquence's child. You should do as asked, when asked by royalty and their Knights - like show your face." Gunnar aimed his sword next to my hair to remove my hood.

In a swift movement, I removed my hood and stared at Gunnar in the eye and moments later Gunnar forgot what he was doing and who he just met and fell to the ground - unconcious. No one else was looking, the Prince was preoccupied with his other Knight but when Gunnar fell to the ground the other Knight looked to us and I had my hood back up.

He lunged for me and I quickly moved swiftly and he fell onto the ground, next to Gunnar, unconcious.

That left the Prince who was staring at me - a hooded girl who was fighting.

"You're a lady, you aren't supposed to fight." The Prince chuckled.

He didn't seem mad or scared, that I made his Knight's unconcious.

"Your the Prince of Evander, you aren't supposed to be in Libena." I picked up one of the unconcious Knight's sword.

"Your King wanted to talk to ruler's of our Kingdom's as well... my parent's are both sick... He wanted me to come in their place."

"For what?" I pointed the sword at the Prince.

"He want's to gather other Kingdom's rulers and such to put together a search for his daughter, Aislinn. You know, the devil girl?"

"Are you planning on killing her?" I smirked.

"If that's what King Sterling wants, it's what King Sterling shall get."

"I wonder what killing a Prince would be like..." I teased.

The Prince didn't seem scared or worried, but rather at ease.

"Let me guess, your one of Aislinn's protectors? Everyone knows, that she has a family protecting her... But no one knows who, so show me your face - let me reckonize you." He smirked.

"You could say that... And if I let you see my face, I would have to kill you." I smiled, too.

He has no idea, that he's standing a few feet away from me - Aislinn Faye - the girl everyone thinks will end the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?:D