Sequel: Living with Monsters
Status: active, active, very active!

The Monsters in the Rain.

chapter twenty-three: uh, what?

~JASPER’S POV~

As we walked away my little area of numbness was slowly going away. That Gabriel man was different. He could block Edward’s and I’s powers. Edward was still frustrated that he could not read his mind. I, on the other hand, was intrigued! He not only blocked me, he made the area around me completely numb. It was a sensation I haven’t felt since I was human. I looked to Edward who was walking with Emmett, they whispered to each other.

“Do you think we should stay?” Carlisle asked. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling, to many emotions ran through him. They were everywhere; anger, pain, jealousy, regret, hate, the list went on and on.

“I think we should discuss this later” Edward said looking towards the building. I could still hear her voice, such a beautiful voice. I sighed and Emmett and I ran while Edward and Carlisle took the car.

~DAHLIA’S POV~

“There’s someone I would like you to meet” Sam said. He stepped to the side and a tall, taller than Sam, blonde man stood next to him. Sam put his hand on the man’s shoulder and smiled.

I focused on the man’s face. He was pale, but handsome. His eyes were a familiar golden color. I froze and took a step back, bumping into Gabriel. The man’s blonde hair was a mess like he hadn’t brushed it after waking up. He wore jeans and a black jacket that was zipped up to his chest, underneath that was a black shirt.

He was a vampire.

“Dahlia, this is Vlad.” Sam said. He beckoned me over. He whispered “he is your grandfather” I understood why he had to keep that on the down low, he looked as if he was 23. Defiantly not old enough to be a grandfather.

“Look at you Dahlia! You’re all grown up! How are you doing?” Vlad said happily. He walked the 3 steps and wrapped me in a gentle hug. I froze and closed my eyes. His cold embrace reminded me of Edward’s brotherly hugs.

As if sensing my discomfort he let go. I looked up at him apologetically but he just smiled at me. How could he be my grandfather? He was a vampire; I thought they couldn’t have children. Must be my mom’s dad, he looked like her, well the pictures I’ve seen of her. He nodded at me. I raised an eyebrow at him. The only one, who did that to me, was someone who could read my thoughts.

You’re kidding me! My grandfather was a telepathic vampire, from the same country as Gabriel. There accents matched. Once again he nodded at me, his smile widening.

“Nice to meet you vlad, now come on! I’m hungry” I said pulling Gabriel with me into the diner. He looked at me with a confused smile. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

~~

I sat in my empty house alone. It was almost three in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. I had wrapped myself in one of Sam’s old blankets. Mom had made if for him when they first met, I remember him telling me the story. I leaned my head on the wall and closed my eyes. I felt a cool breeze but ignored it.

“How is it possible that you can have children?” I asked. I heard Vlad chuckle. I sighed and looked at him. “I’m being serious”

“I know, I’m sorry. I don’t know actually, I never questioned it really. Your grandmother was human so I figured it was just female vampires who couldn’t have children” he said. His accent was thick but I could understand it because Gabriel.

“So mom was half human, half vampire?” I asked still looking at him. He nodded. “So I’m what?” he leaned on the stair behind him.

“You’re third vampire, third wolf, and third human” he explained. I just stared at him. In all my years I thought I was normal, I thought I was boring! I move to this town and I find out more about myself then I could ever guess.

“My head is going to explode! Ugh!” I muttered grabbing my head. I leaned my elbows on my knees. “Why are you here now?”

He was quite for a moment and it gave me time to try to remember him. I would get fragments of a memory. Him giving me piggy-back rides through the forest around our home, having secret conversations with our minds, begging him and Sam to race. I remembered him; I just didn’t understand why I had forgotten.

“I left to Italy after your mom died. I was just going to visit. The voultri found me, they wanted me to join. I said I would only if they never involved you in any of their offers. I always watched out for you, I made sure that you were safe. Then you found your dad, so I decided it was time to come home.” He explained. He took his cold hands in mine and rubbed circles into them while he talked. He sounded so sad. I realized that I wasn’t the only one who hid pain from the world.

“You were the one who saved me! When I was little! I have a picture of you!” I shouted. I untangled myself from the blanket and hopped down the stairs. I found the picture of me in the hospital after I was attacked. In the far corner there he was, holding my hand. I grabbed it and turned around. Vlad stood there behind me watching me. I handed him the picture and smiled in success.

“I forgot that Xander kid took this picture. He was a strange one. But he protected you and I liked that. I have a feeling he’s coming to visit soon.” Vlad said still looking at the picture. He set it down and looked at more. He picked up a very recent one; it was Gabriel in his robes while I was in my jogging outfit. Gabriel was holding me bridal style; we had goofy grins on our faces. I smiled at it. Remembering the day.

I had jogged over to the church and caught Gabriel in the middle of marrying this young couple. The wife told me she could see the happiness in his eyes when I walked in. so they told us they wanted a picture. The wife told Gabriel to pick me up, so he did.

“That’s Gabriel. Man that was a good day.” I said, still smiling. Vlad looked at me and nodded. I sat on the couch and vlad sat next to me. I turned to him. “Will you tell me about my mom? I don’t remember her very much”

“You look like her a lot. She was so beautiful….”
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun duuuuuun! this is the end!
i was gonna wright more chapters but i like this to be the ending.
i'm going to put up the sequal its going to be called " living with monsters" i'm gonna put it up today and the first chapter so you guys can find it and stuff. but comment and tell me what you think! i love the feed back!
ENJOY!