Sequel: Living with Monsters
Status: active, active, very active!

The Monsters in the Rain.

chapter seven: i being the blonde fairy would be assumed as tinker bell

~DAHLIA POV~
school was uneventful, well the next month was uneventful, so why don't we skip a head! Today is Halloween, and I am pumped for it. I was staring at the mirror, still aplaying the glitter around my eyes. The cullens well Alice, decided to throw a Halloween party. And I was going as a fairy.

I smiled to myself, I had convinced Emmett to go as peter pan, and I being the blonde haired fairy would be assumed as tinker bell. I stood up straightening my green mini dress. I twirled around to make sure I looked okay. I grabbed my white flats and walked out of the room.

“oh my god Lia!” Alice chimed suddenly next to me. I frowned. “no, no, you look great!” she exclaimed. I smiled. She was dressed as a pixie in purple.

“thank you Alice. How long till we leave” I muttered. I knocked on Xander's door. He mumbled a 'hold on' and soon opened the door. He was dressed as a firefighter stripper. One thing I could never deny about Xander he was muscular in the right places. But I never thought of him like that. It would feel weird and awkward.

“really Xander? A stripper?” I asked skeptically. He laughed. He laughed and ruffled my hair, walking out into the hall Caleb fallowed in a innocent dog outfit. I chuckled at his childishness.

“you look cute, I’m sure Emmy will love it” Caleb cooed. I waved him off blushing. They didn't know about the Cullen’s secret, sometimes I wondered though. It felt as if they were hiding something from me.

I reached the living room and Edward was leaning against the wall in his white suit, he was supposed to be a groom, which made me laugh. “Eddie! How do I look?” I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

“like Emmett will go crazy” he said simply. I smiled. And jumped into his arms bridal style, he held me up with ease. He began walking to the car. “Emmett’s a little on edge. He smelled a mutt by the house earlier and he thinks they're going to do something.” he said lowly.

I nodded. “yea, yea, I’ll distract him.” I said he nodded thankful. I rested my head on his shoulder. My head was pounding. Stupid headaches have been attacking me for weeks. I let my mind wonder for a minute, lightly touching the subject of my father. I don't remember what he looks like anymore. I used to, I made myself remember, but it slipped away. Of course I made the image though. I always thought of him looking like me, I knew he was tan though. I of course remembered that. I wonder if Eddie could probe my brain to find what he actually looks like.

“i can't, I’ve tried” Edward said listening in. he did that. He said he was worried about me, so he would listen in sometimes. Sometimes turned into all the time. It didn't bug me as much as it should. I never really filtered what I thought, I didn't even know you could until Eddie told me that’s what Emmett does. “its kind of annoying when he does that actually” he chuckled. I laughed.

We reached the car and he set me inside. Xander, Caleb, and Alice jumped in and we were off. Xander and Caleb where talking with themselves and Alice was going over the party's plans. I pretended to listen. I felt the prickly feeling that I was being watched. I looked out the window to hopefully see anything. Nothing but rain and trees flew past us. I scratched my arm trying to distract myself.

I looked up to see Eddie looking at me in the mirror. I lifted an eyebrow at him. 'I may be kinda crazy but I'm not paranoid' I thought. He snickered at me. I rolled my eyes at him, noticing we were pulling into their drive way. I smiled and got out of the car.

“oh this is going to be so much fun!” Alice shouted running into the house. I laughed and fallowed her in. jasper was sitting on the couch wearing a Dracula costume. I snorted with laughter. He laughed with me.

“Alice made me” he finally managed to say. I laughed a little more. “you look lovely by the way” he said his southern accent coming out. I smiled.

“thank you.” I said. I sat next to him. “where is your brother?”. He shrugged. I took a deep breath. “EMMETT! I'M HOOOME!!!” I shouted as loud as I could. Jasper jumped and Eddie laughed. I got up and wondered into the kitchen where I smelled food. Esme was in the kitchen dressed as a nurse, I chuckled.

“hello dear, you look lovely” she said. I smiled and thanked her. “want some food?” she asked handing me a bowl of buttered noodles, which happened to be my favorite. I smiled.

“you know Esme, I’m a fat kid at heart” I said as I shoveled food into my mouth. I heard laughter.

“that’s sexy” Emmett said coming up to stand next to me.

“your just jealous you can't have any” I said. He laughed and grabbed my bowl and ran out of the kitchen. I got up and fallowed him knowing I couldn’t catch up. “you bastard! give me back my noodles!!” I shouted running after him. I heard his laughter up the stairs. I ran up them. I paused at the top of the stairs wondering where he was.

“he's in his room!” Edward shouted. I smiled.

“thank you!” I shouted back. I ran into his room and found him eating my noodles while laying on the bed, on my bright green pillow. Yes I had stayed over, no we didn't do the nasty... yet.

“come at me bro” he said, still eating my noodles. I glared at him.

“you ass! You can't even taste that!” I said as I jumped on the bed. He gave me a smirk. I plopped down on him, straddling him. I grabbed my bowl, which was almost empty. I glared at him and began eating again. He chuckled.

“are you just gonna eat on me.” he said his hands resting on my hips. I nodded. “hmmmm. I like this position.” he murmured. I paused eating and looked at him wryly. I set the noodles on his chest carefully and looked at him fully. He was wearing the green peter pan outfit that fit him extremely well, his muscles shined through the cloth. I stared down his body as he stared down mine, and in that moment I realized I was straddling him in a mini skirt.

My eyes widened and I pushed off him. Surprised he grabbed my arm to study me. I looked at him embarrassed. I was sketchy in that area, mostly because of Jesse. I looked down at his hand, protectively rubbing circles into my arm.

“I’m sorry Emmett, I just...” I said, still looking down. I heard him chuckle and he scooted over to me. He lifted my chin gently with his hands. I looked him in the eyes, his golden beautiful eyes.

“its okay Leels. I never want to push you into something you don't want, I want you to be happy” he whispered his forehead touching mine. I exhaled shakily. He inhaled deeply. “i love the way you smell, the way you smile, your laugh.” he chuckled.

My heart did its special beat as it thumped faster. He put his hand at the base of my neck. He smiled. “i love your heart beat. I can pick it out of the crowd” I smiled.

“i hate to interrupt but..I’m just gonna steal her” Alice said as she skipped in the room, through me over her shoulder and skipped out. I looked at Emmett and smiled. We made it to Edward's room. She sat me down and closed the door.

“what the hell?” I said. She laughed and pointed to the bathroom. I raised my eyebrow.

“he won't come out, he thinks he looks ridiculous.” she said. I laughed a little and stood up. I walked to the door and tried the handle, it wasn't even locked. I rolled my eyes and walked in. Edward was sitting on the counter in his groom outfit with glitter in his hair. I tried not to laugh as I looked at him.

“don't even say it.” he muttered darkly. I chuckled and walked over to him. Why on earth was he dipped in glitter? “Xander wanted me to look more like a fairy” he said without looking at me.

“that jerk took my idea. Well Eddie, take a quick shower, and get dressed again, easy as pie.” I said. He looked at me. He leaned close. And handed me a note, I looked at him like he was crazy. “just read it” he said as quietly as possible. I nodded and stuck it in my bra. I walked out, closing the door behind me. Alice was gone so I just walked down stairs.

Carlise was sitting on the couch watching the T.V. I could tell something was up, I could feel it in my bones. I sat next to him and poked his shoulder. He looked at me smiling weakly. “whats wrong father dearest?” I asked sweetly. Over the time i've known the Cullens, Carsile has become basicly a father to me, Edward told me once that he caught him referring to me as his daughter in his mind once. Which is fine by me, I miss my father.

“oh nothing” he said calmly. I looked at him, he looked tired, not physically but mentally tired. I shook my head and patted his shoulder.

“i know something is up, but its okay, it'll be okay” I said gently. He looked at me for a long time. He shook his head and stood up.

“the guests are here.” he said simply and walked away. I sat there confused, something was going on, and I wanted to know what it was.

Emmett was in front of me in a flash, he held out his hand and smiled. “come on babe, lets make the whole town jealous”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the lack of update, i've just been lazy. haha.
anyhoe, enjoy hope you like it