Status: Active

Kenji I: The Assasians

A Suprise Tea Party

“But your not possibly....Kenji?” He stammered.

“Took you that long huh? I thought after all these years, you would recognize me sooner.” I said with a fake pout. “Well, then I guess we aren’t true friends, I will be on my way then.”

“Wait! Kenji, you don’t understand, we can explain...” Ken said, trying to grab ahold of me.

“Haha, I’m just kidding guys, I thought you were dead! Man, life has been so dull without the gang!”

“We shouldn’t talk about this here.” Ezio whispered, “Come with us, we have a little....hideout that we are safe in” And off we went.

It was a 5 minute walk, to a pub, with a big wooden sign out front Dragon’s Mead Special! 25% OFF for a limited time! A bell on the door chimed as we walked in, and a couple people turned their heads, but resumed their conversations when they saw it was only a couple of kids. Man! The place was packed! Every table was filled! We went over to the counter and Ken called out a name “Oi! Tony! You here?!”. A couple seconds later, a fat man wearing an apron came bustling out the kitchen door.

“Ahhh! Ken! Good to see you, and Ezio!” He looked over to me and frowned “Ehh? Who is this? Another stray you picked up?” Then he smiled, “Ahhh, I’m just playing with you.” He introduced himself as Tony, the owner of the Dragon Tail Pub. He was a short and rather large man, a face that almost always had a smile on.

“We need another key for Kenji here, he was actually the creator of our little posse.” Ken said. Tony raised his eyebrows and looked at me.

“Ahhh, your Kenji, I’ve heard many things about you, I just thought you would be a bit more...older.” Tony replied. “Well, I’m off to do more mead making, I’ll have Byron forge another key for you folks. Byron was the local blacksmith, I had met him once at a town gathering party.

“Kenji, follow me, we’ll take you down to our base.” Ezio said as he walked into the Staff Only area. It was a nice little lounge, probably used for meetings and breaks. Along the walls were doors, with signs above them. Each had a name inscribed on the wooden slab. We walked over to the door with the name Delta on it. Ken inserted his key into the keyhole and turned it, unlocking the door. The room wasn’t much but Ezio pulled back a rug that revealed a trapdoor, it was the color and texture as the rest of the floor, so it was very hard to notice if you weren't looking for it.

Ken turned towards me, “Now before we go I should probably tell you something.” He said while looking down. “We may have... added... someone to our group. We also used the name Delta as our group name. Is that ok?”

I gave him a confused, puzzled look. “Yeah, that’s... fine... I guess.” He nodded and gestured me to climb down the ladder under the trapdoor. It was surprisingly a short climb down, maybe around 30 feet. I came into yet another room with a lock. Ken inserted his key into the lock and opened the door.

The first thing I heard was “KENJI?!?!?!” and a body tackled me.

“I thoug- I mean Ken thought you were dead! But I knew you were alive all this time! Oh! We missed you so much!” It was Amaya, smiling like a newborn puppy with a batch of children to play with. I smiled in response and looked around. Then another girl walked into the what seemed to be the living room. She was majestic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter, next one will be much longer.