Sequel: Science & Faith

Fairytales & Lullabies

Fairytales and lullabies come to life

"Ah!" I screamed. Anne walked through the apartment door and I immediately pulled her into a hug. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"I'm excited to be here! Where's Kris?" She looked around the apartment for my roommate.

"He’s taking a nap, but I probably woke him up. Let's put your bags in my room." We carried a few bags in and placed them on my bed. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Nah, I'm good." We both settled down on the couch and caught up on each others lives. "Do you work tonight?"

"Nope, you and me and sitting up with the wives and girlfriends. You have to meet Vero." Kris walked into the room rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Afternoon, sleepy head."

"Yeah yeah," he walked straight to the fridge and grabbed the ingredients he would need for his pre game meal. "You want anything?" he yelled back from the kitchen.

Anne looked at me with an approving look and mouthed, “He’s hot!” I held back a laugh.

"Whatever you're having times two." He popped his head back in and noticed Anne.

"You must be Anne! Sorry about that, I get a little disoriented on game days." He walked over and offered his hand.

"I understand. I hope you're taking care of Greta." She eyed the two of us. Kris had subconsciously placed his arm around my waist.

After our first date almost a month ago, things were great. We had gone out a few more times and kissed much more than that. It became harder for me to focus on work with Kris near me all the time.

He pulled his arm back, "Chicken and pasta good?"

"Perfect," Anne replied. She lowered her voice, "Tell ms what's going on!" I pulled her arm and lead her to my room.

I shut to door, "We've gone on a few dates..."

"Oh my god you had sex!" She pointed at me. I put my hand over her mouth to quieter her down. She immediately licked it. I wiped my hand on her shirt.

"No! We've kissed, but that's it. I'm not even sure what we are." My voice trailed off and my eyes moved over to the pictures I had set up in my room. Most were family, but there was one of me and Anne in high school. We both had on hockey jerseys and jeans.

"Do you like him?" Her voice cut me out of my thoughts and we both sat down on the bed.

"Of course, but I don't want to mess things up." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Don’t worry about it. I can see he's totally in love with you."

I was shocked. "There’s no way..."

“If it’s not love, then he really, really likes you.”

There was a knock on the door and Kris came in, "Food’s ready."

I composed myself after Anne’s comment. Did he love me? We sat at the table with Anne and Kris getting along great. They were both able to share funny stories about me and I just rolled my eyes. When I'd look at Kris, he always seemed to meet my gaze. Maybe she was right.

***

Sidney sealed the win with an empty net to make the final score 5 to 3. Anne and I sat with Vero and enjoyed watching the team play so well. The two got along well and I was glad my best friend got along with all my new friends.

We headed down to the locker room and waited in the lounge for the players to come out. "You and Marc are still coming over tomorrow for dinner, right?" I asked Vero.

"Of course. We wouldn't miss your crazy American thanksgiving for anything," she said in a joking voice.

Marc came out of the locker room first and gave Vero a kiss on her cheek. He turned to me, "Hey, Dana needs to see you. He's out by the bench cleaning up."

I made sure Anne was okay by herself before making my way down the hall to the bench. "Dana?" I couldn't see him in the hall, so I walked out to the bench.

Kris was sitting by himself with a red rose in his hand. He looked up and had a smile on his face. "Hey," he came over and kissed me, sending butterflies throughout my body.

"Where’s Dana? Marc said he needed me." I was confused by what was going on.

"I need to talk to you." I nodded for him to continue. "I like you Greta, more than a friend. I wanted to ask you if you'll be my girlfriend." He held the flower out and I couldn’t help but smile. "What do you say?"

"Yes." I immediately pulled him into a hug and kissed him on each cheek. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to ask." I kissed him on the lips.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to ask you that." I grabbed his hand and laced it with mine. We walked back into the lounge to see Anne sitting with Sid on one of the couches. Everyone else had left. "Hey guys." Kris said. They turned towards us and smiled.

"You ready to go Anne?" I grabbed my purse from the empty chair and they both stood up.

"Yeah. It was nice to meet you Sid." She offered her hand for him to shake.

"You too. How long are you town?" he asked and his face started to turn red. I smiled to myself. Sid liked her.

"Just for a week." Anne couldn’t hide the blush that appeared on her cheeks as well.

"But she’ll see you tomorrow when you're over for Thanksgiving dinner." I lead Anne towards the door and turned my head around. "5 pm don't be late!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's been reading/commenting/subscribing! What do you think of Anne? Feedback is always appreciated!