Sequel: Science & Faith

Fairytales & Lullabies

with her every word she blows me away.

"Look!" I jumped up from the table. It was the end of February and spring was slowly approaching. "It’s snowing!" I ran over to the window abandoning our almost finished dinner. Kris stood up a few moments later and cleaned up our dirty dishes. I watched the snow fall slowly. The only light that was on was a lone street light. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. "It’s beautiful."

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered it, but I heard it clearly. "What do you say to going to Montreal this summer?" I turned to look at him, but he kept his gaze outside.

"I'd love, but I want to go Minnesota and see my family too. And I have to be back to help deal with prospects and what not." I looked back outside. The flakes were large and a small layer of snow covered the ground. It wouldn't last long; it had been over 45 degrees the whole week. "My break's not as long as yours."

"But you'll come to Montreal for a week or two?"

I nodded my head, "Of course. And maybe you could try to find a week to come to Minnesota." I put my head against his shoulder. "Have you ever thought about how many kids you want?" I immediately regretted saying this. We weren't even engaged yet and here I was talking about having kids.

Without any hesitation he said, "At least three." We stood there before he grabbed my hand and lead me to the couch. I sat in between his legs as we covered the whole couch. Kris' arms wrapped around my waist. "I haven't thought much about names, but I want to honor Luc with a son having that middle name."

"I like that." I played with his hands in my lap.

"Do you have any names you like?"

I paused before answering. "I've always liked Braydon for a boy and Riley for a girl. I don’t care how many kids I have, I just want one." He leaned down and kissed my temple.

"I love those names." We sat like that for awhile longer. The snow started to change from heavy flakes, to smaller flakes, to just a light rain. I started to drift asleep. Kris spoke up again, "Where do you see yourself in ten years."

I only thought about it for a moment. "Like this; with you." I blushed as I said it. "I can see us sitting on a couch like this with a couple kids already in bed." We stayed quiet. "Maybe a few dogs."

"One dog. No more then that." I moved so I could look at him. I pouted.

"You can't have only one dog. Dogs need to have friends. Two dogs." I moved back to my original spot. I grabbed his hands and started playing with them again.

"Two dogs. That's it. Maybe a couple fish if we’re feeling adventurous." He pulled his hands away from mine and started to play with my hair. “What would you do if I was traded?”

I stayed still. Traded? Of course I had thought about it, but it wasn’t something I liked to dwell on. “I would follow you every step of the way.” I turned and faced him.

“But this is your dream job. I could never let you quit. I don’t want you to give it up for me.” I cut him off with a kiss.

“It is my dream job and I’m glad I got it, but I won’t be able to do it forever. I’ll end up quitting sooner or later. You’re my dream now. Nothing’s going to stop me from being with you.”

He kissed my forehead. I looked back out the window. The snow had stopped. The streets lights left a shine off the snow. My eyelids started to feel heavy.

Kris moved out from under me, but I kept my eyes closed. Suddenly, two arms were lifting me off the couch. I subconsciously placed my arms around his neck. He set me on our bed and walked into the bathroom.

I peeked out of one eye to make sure he was gone. I snuck into the closet and changed into one of his Penguins t shirts. I crawled back into bed just as he came out of the bathroom.

He got comfortable next to me. My back was towards him so he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Goodnight Greta, I love you."

"I love you too Kris."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda fillerish, but it's something! Any ideas on what might happen next? Let me know!