Sequel: Science & Faith

Fairytales & Lullabies

I won't have nightmares I'll have good dreams,

"Jordy!" I ran up to and flung my arms around his neck. In returned his arms went around my large stomach. It was February and I was six months into my pregnancy. Everything was great considering the situation. I was still living with Anne, but she didn’t mind. "How are you? You find a girl yet?"

"You know you're the only woman in my life, besides my mom." I smiled and followed him into the locker room. The team presented me with smiles after their five to one win against the Wild. Anne was with me, but had already found Sid.

"Greta! Vero wanted me to send our thanks for the Christmas present. It wasn't necessary at all." I pulled my former roommate into a hug.

"It was nothing Marc. Think of it as an apology for whoever you have as your roommate this year." He laughed nodding his head towards the approaching player.

“Yeah, I got stuck with this big lug. I wouldn’t have minded if he was as clean as you!” I laughed and turned to Max.

Max was still as charming as ever as he hugged me, "You still get me the best chicks out there. Promise you'll help me out tonight?"

"I don't think so Max." He gave me a confused look. "Holy shit is it hot in here." I pulled off the jersey I had on to reveal an old t - shirt. It was stretched to its limit from my grown stomach. The whole room went silent. Guess the cat’s out of the bag now. The only players who didn’t stare with their mouths open were Jordan and Sidney.

I finally found Kris. He was in his game day suit and his eyes immediately locked with mine. His gaze shifted towards my stomach for a split second before he stormed out of the locker room. Marc went after him, yelling something in French.

Max, who was still next to me, leaned in and quietly asked, "Its Kris' isn't it."

I turned to the side so I was only facing Max, "Of course. He never gave me the time to tell him." I kept my voice low to keep the conversation private. Max's phone beeped, notifying him of a new message.

He scoffed before telling me what it said, "Kris went back to the hotel. Marc said he flipped out, he thinks you really did cheat on him now."

"Fuck." I ran a hand through my hair. "You know it's not true. I would never do that to him." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

Max placed his hand on my shoulder. "We all know it's not true. Jordan told me what actually happened. Kris over reacts sometimes, just give him a while to calm down."

"I've given him four months to calm down. The only thing that’s helped is Spencer being sent down." I walked away from Max and back to Jordan. "Thanks for the tickets." I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. His hands rubbed my back in circles in a comforting manner.

"Anytime. Although, I'd prefer if you were at our home games." He grinned and kissed the top of my head. Anne and Sid walked back towards us.

"We should go," I told Anne as she turned to Sid. "Sid," he kept one hand in Anne’s, "Thanks for keeping an eye on him, do you think you could do it a little longer?"

"Of course." He said his goodbye with Anne and we made our way out of the arena.

The walk to our car was cold, but we both ignored it. Kris had walked out on me for the second time, and it felt just as horrible as the first time.

Anne broke the silence when we opened the car doors. She started the car with ease and put the heat on high. "Are you ever going to tell him?"

I had planned on telling him he was going to be a father after the game, but he wouldn't have talked me if I tried. "Eventually." I set my forehead against the window. Things just got a little more complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but it's something. There's only two chapters left! What did you think?