Status: Complete.

Sharpen Your Teeth and Bite as Hard as You Want

Chapter 11

Jamie's POV

It had been 3 days since I spoke to Joel, and there were only 3 days left of the tour. I broke the news about Joel to the fans, and soon after, I broke the news that I was leaving the band. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but it was for the better. This wasn't how I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I had most of my things sent back to San Diego. I was moving in with my friend, Tori. She had a job lined up for me as well when I returned.

We played out last show, and I said my goodbyes to everyone. I promised PTV that since I would be living in the San Diego, I had to visit them all often. I had created a strong friendship with these boys and I wasn't ready to give it up yet.

Joel was the last to approach me. He had a sad look on his face. We hadn't spoken in almost a week.

"So you're really done? With music and me and everything?" he asked quietly so no one would hear.

"Joel, please. Don't." I said closing my eyes.

He wrapped his arms around me and mumbled sorry into my hair. I hugged him back and waved bye to everyone. I turned around and climbed into the taxi that would take me to my new home. All my stuff was moved into her house already. I couldn't wait to see her again and start over. When I finally arrived, I paid the cab driver, and ran to the door as fast as I could.

I'm so ready for a fresh start.

PTV went straight into another small tour before they were to return home. I texted all of them every day. When they got back, me and Tori were invited to their house for a little BBQ type thing. I was excited to introduce Tori to Mike. He was going to love her. I texted Tony or Vic the most during those 3 weeks. Vic was my best friend, and Tony...well Tony was another story. I couldn't deny my feelings for him any longer. I started hinting to him that I had feelings for him, but all he could say was 'but I love Stephanie'. From what he had been telling me, though, things were getting really rough between them. When Tony would call me, I pushed the boundaries just a little by telling him how cute he was, or how I couldn't wait to see him.

I just want him to know I like him.

His response was always the same. He would giggle and then say 'me too.' It gave me just enough satisfaction to keep trying.

I stared at the clock on the wall of the apparel store I worked at with Tori. I was counting down the seconds til I was off work. Tori didn't have to come in today, but she was visiting her folks for the day. Pierce the Veil were going to be home at 2, which is also when I got off. Tony had been texting me all morning about how excited he was to see me. We had plans together for the rest of the day because the other boys were seeing their families first. I thought Tony would go visit Stephanie, but she doesn't want to see him because they had a huge fight yesterday.

She's probably been cheating on him anyways.

The clock finally changed to 2 and I was out of the store within seconds. I whipped out my phone and told Tony I was on my way to starbucks where we planned on meeting. He sent back and smiley and I grinned. I picked up my pace and arrived at starbucks about 12 minutes later.

I looked around for the familiar tattooed boy and frowned when I didn't see him.

"Boo." I heard from behind me.

I jumped and turned at the same time.

"Tony!" I said jumping into his arms.

He spun me around and hugged the life outta me. When he pulled back he was smiling wide.

Haven't seen you smile that wide since....well never...hmm...

"Let's go eat. I'm starving." was the first thing he said.

I nodded my head and followed him outside to the busy sidewalk. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers, swinging our hands between us. I smiled at his gesture, but was still confused by it.

"Is Chipotle alright?" he asked me, pulling me from my daze.

"Of course!"

We continued down the street like this, and I was beginning to wonder...what if Stephanie saw us? Or fans? What would people think?

Tony needs to make up his damn mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short. It's also a bit of a filler, but good things begin to happen very soon ;)