Status: Complete.

Sharpen Your Teeth and Bite as Hard as You Want

Chapter 12

Joel's POV

I haven't stopped thinking about Jamie since she broke up with me, and part of me believes that if I had really fought for her, she would have returned, but then again, part of me believes that she really wanted Tony.

The thought of the two of them being together made my stomach turn. Yeah, Tony was a good friend and all, but I can't stand the thought of losing her to him. She was supposed to be my girl.

My home studio was silent. It had been that way since I got home from tour. My inspiration was gone for the time being. I could only focus on one song, and it was her song. I played it over and over and over again on my piano. It never left my thoughts.

"Hold on, gotta catch my breath, you take it every time I see you.
Been watchin' every word I've said, gotta watch the things I do.
Don't wanna get too far ahead, don't wanna kill what's barely breathing.
Keep the dream inside my head, inside my head.

Cause I could fall in love with you, if I wanted to,
But I'm takin' it slower than I want to, not so fast.
Cause I could fall in love with you, if I wanted to,
But I'm takin' it slower than I want to.
Gotta get it right before we call it love, love love, love.

Stand still let me take you in. I wanna tell you what I'm seekin.
I get lost when I see you smile. I wanna hold onto this feeling.
Gotta do this, make this right. won't make the same mistake this time.
You're the dream inside my head, inside my head

Cause I could fall in love with you, if I wanted to,
But I'm takin' it slower than I want to, not so fast.
Cause I could fall in love with you, if I wanted to,
But I'm takin' it slower than I want to.
Gotta get it right before we call it love, love love, love.

I know what I need to do. I'm gonna get close to you.
I'll cut right through, make my move,
Do what others fail to do with you. I promise I won't be another
One who just comes and goes. I wanna be more to you than just another friend.

Cause I could fall in love with you, if I wanted to.
But I'm takin' it slower than I want to, not so fast.
Cause I could fall in love with you, if I wanted to.
But I'm takin' it slower than I want to,
Gotta get it right before we call it love, love (before we call it love)
Love, love."


I wrote it for her the day she broke up with me. I was planning on singing it for her that night, but when I found out she was on IAU again, my curiosity got the best of me....so did my anger. I let it take control, and at that point I knew I was going to lose her.

I shouldn't have let her go...

Jamie's POV

Tony and I goofed off most of the day after we ate. We walked on the beach, and we went into a few stores. The sun was beginning to go down, and I was tired of walking.

"My feet huuuuuuuurrrrrtttt." I whined as Tony dragged me down the street.

He stopped and wrapped his arms around me. I put mine on his shoulders and pouted. He laughed at me.

"Let's go back to my place and watch movies then. It's just up the road anyways." he said, pulling away and tugging on my arm.

I didn't budge. I still pouted and crossed my arms.

"Seriously, Jamie?" he said with a smile.

"I don't wanna walk!" I said stomping my foot.

He rolled his eyes and turned around.

"Come on, lazy."

I grinned and jumped on his back.

"TO NARNIA!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, causing a few people to stare.

I just laughed and Tony marched forward. We laughed the whole way to his apartment, which really was just up the road. He carried me the WHOLE way. I was surprised.

"I can't believe you carried me the whole way." I said when he put me down in front of his doorstep.

He just laughed and unlocked the door. I followed him inside and couldn't help but burst into a fit of laughter at all the Star Wars things cluttering his living area.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" he asked with the most serious face.

I put my hands over my mouth and shook my head furiously.

"You're not making fun of my Star Wars collection? Because if you are, I'll kill you."

I instantly stopped laughing and dropped my hands to my side.

"I'm done." I promised him.

He squinted his eyes at me and took a threatening step towards me. I backed up with every step he took until I was pinned against a wall. I threw my arms up in defeat.

"DON'T KILL ME. I WAS ONLY JOKING." I shouted as he closed the gap between us.

His hands went to my waist, and a smile crept onto his face. I left my hands up, and my breathing got heavier. My mind clouded, and I swear he leaned in.

"I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to...you're too special." he said with a serious tone in his voice.

I felt his fingers grip my sides nervously. My head was spinning, and all I could do was stare into his big, brown eyes. I finally removed my hands from the air. I wrapped them both around his neck and gently pulled him in. He closed his eyes, and I did the same. His lips brushed against mine, and the butterflies exploded in my stomach. I didn't dare move. It felt like we stood there for an eternity with our lips barely touching. He took in a deep breath and closed the gap between our mouths. When I finally realized what was happening, I kissed him back, while my fingers played with his soft hair. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. So many different thoughts were running through my head, and I'm pretty sure the same thoughts were running through his. Thoughts about Stephanie and what he was going to do about this, but mostly...

What the hell just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
SHIT. JUST. GOT. REAL.
Feedback. Please? :)