Status: Complete.

Sharpen Your Teeth and Bite as Hard as You Want

Chapter 16

Jamie's POV

Tony and I fell asleep pretty quickly. We talked for a while, but then dozed off. I'm not sure how long I was asleep before something woke me from a dead sleep. I shot up from under the sheets and tried to look around, but for some reason my eyes wouldn't adjust to the darkness. It was hot and I couldn't breathe. I started to panic, and I started shaking Tony.

"Tony. Tony wake up, please! TONY!" I said, frantically.

He finally sat up slowly and instantly began coughing. Then it fucking hit me.

This building is on fire.

"WE HAVE TO GO NOW!" I shouted and jumped out of the bed.

"SHIT." Tony yelled and jumped up as well.

I pulled a t-shirt over my head and pulled some sweats on as I ran for the door. Tony was right behind me. Smoke was pouring in under his apartment door, and I was afraid to open it. I froze, not knowing what else to do.

"JAMIE." Tony yelled, grabbing my hand, yanking the door open, and pulled me out into the hallway.

My head was fuzzy and I couldn't see where I was going. I felt like I was going to pass out any moment.

"Tony, you have to get us out of here FAST." I said, throwing my other hand up to my head.

"Keep your head down, okay? We're almost out!"

I did as Tony said and followed his every move. It was almost like he did this before. I recognized when we got to the lobby, and it was filled with flames and smoke. It was hot, and breathing became even harder. Tony hesitated for a moment. I looked around and it looked like we were trapped. I could faintly hear screaming outside and the sirens from firetrucks and police. I was beyond terrified at this point. Tony turned around and grabbed my shoulders.

"I'm not going to let you die in here. You have to trust me, and you have to keep calm okay?" he said, sternly.

I nodded my head and followed behind him as he guided me through a maze of burning furniture and other items. And then, everything began to fall around us. I screamed and covered my head, but something was already covering me. Tony wrapped his arms around me and pulled me with him while various burning objects fell around us and on top of us.

And then I finally got a breath of fresh air. I looked up and let my eyes adjust to the world outside. Two EMTS rushed to us and began asking questions and checking us out. I just stared at Tony. He didn't have a shirt on and I could clearly see the burns on his back. They disgusted me and I felt the tears forming in my eyes.

He did that for me...

I noticed the EMT bandaging my arm up and looked down to see some pretty nasty burns on my left arm. I couldn't even feel the pain right now. I was so worried about Tony. They finally and we went to go stand with the rest of the residents of his building while it was being destroyed by flames. We stood at the back of the group and didn't speak. Tony wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck. His breathing was jagged and heavy.

"Please don't cry." I whispered to him, rubbing his arms.

He lifted his head and kissed my cheek. It was supposed to all get better after this...but lord knows, with my luck, it has to get worse before it gets better. I heard a car door slam nearby and chills ran up my spine. I turned my head slowly to see a familiar blonde head walking swiftly towards where Tony and I stood.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH." she screeched.

Heads turned and Tony turned quickly in her direction.

"S-sst--s-stephanie!" he stuttered out.

Uh-oh.

Tony stood in front of me. I looked around to see many people staring. This was really fucking happening.

"W-ww-what are you doing here?" Tony asked her quietly.

"I heard your fucking apartment was on fire so I came as quickly as I could to see if you were alright and I find you with this bitch? AND SHE'S IN YOUR FUCKING CLOTHES."

I flinched behind Tony and tried to make myself invisible, but that wasn't happening. We were caught.

Fuck you, Stephanie. Tony doesn't even fucking want you.

"Look, I can explain. We were ju--"

"FUCK THAT. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A LOW LIFE. YOU'RE A FUCKING CHEATING, LYING, BASTARD. But that's okay. You and Jamie are perfect for each other. You're both so full of shit. And I'm glad you broke up with Joel, Jamie. He's better off without you, slut." Stephanie ranted on.

I stepped out from behind Tony, suddenly feeling a little braver.

"Listen here, bitch." I started, but as soon as these words left my mouth, Stephanie's hand flew across my cheek.

I stumbled back a bit and heard a gasp from Tony.

"Jamie...think before you do anything." he said putting his hand out to me.

I smacked it away and shook my head. Stephanie was cackling at this point, and her laughter only infuriated me more.

"You can call me all the names you want, but you lay a fucking hand on me, and I will rip you limb from fucking limb," I said taking a few slow steps towards her. "Oh and one more thing: your boyfriend is AMAZING in bed, cunt."

Her jaw dropped and I took that as the perfect time to curl up my fist and slam it into the side of her head.

"JAMIE!" Tony shouted and grabbed me by the waist.

Stephanie hit the ground and Tony held me back. I was kicking and screaming at this point. All I wanted to do was rip her fucking face off. She had pissed me off to no end. As soon as Stephanie stood, a man nearby pulled her back. She was shouting and kicking and threatening me. Once I stopped fighting him, Tony let go of me and turned me to face him.

"It's over. Just stop please. She's nothing. You have me now. Don't let any of this get to you." he repeated over and over again.

I leaned up and kissed him slowly. He tasted like smoke. He kissed me back and wrapped his arms around my neck.

That's right, bitch. Boom, I fucked your boyfriend, I, I fucked your man.

Eventually a police officer took her aside and another came to talk to me and Tony once I had calmed down. Stephanie was escorted off the property and all that was left was to decide what would happen to Tony.

"You can stay with me until everything is sorted out. There's plenty of room for you." I said, taking his hands in mine.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude...and will Tori be mad when she finds out where you really were?" he asked.

"I mean... aren't they all going to find out now? This isn't really something I was planning on keeping from them."

"You're right. I'll stay with you." he said with a smile.

I smiled back as we began our journey to my house I shared with Tori. We were both barefoot and we looked pretty rough. My house keys, along with my phone were gone, so I'd have to wake Tori once we got there to even get in. Then I'll have to explain what happened, but all I really want to do is go to sleep. I'm exhausted from this entire night.

"Mind if I call the guys when we get there?" Tony asked me.

"Sure. You can probably use Tori's phone. We don't have a house phone." I said, swinging our hands between us.

It's been a long fucking night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my favorite chapter to write. I would REEEEAAALLLLY love some feedback on this one. <3